Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does give the ball away trying to take people on, makes some infuriating decisions...but I would love him to stay here!

He is always our outlet, his pace frightens the **** out of the oppo and he's unpredictable - totally different to what we already have. I love him (not in 'hey let's bum' way) and would love him to sign.

Hope Moyes plays him on the right with Pienaar on the left, all that would be left would be Coleman at RB......and I'm back in the room.

He does give the ball away trying to take people on, makes some infuriating decisions...but I would love him to stay here!

He is always our outlet, his pace frightens the **** out of the oppo and he's unpredictable - totally different to what we already have. I love him (not in 'hey let's bum' way) and would love him to sign.

Hope Moyes plays him on the right with Pienaar on the left, all that would be left would be Coleman at RB......and I'm back in the room.
He wins the ball back as well as losing it, I think he gets unfair criticism for losing it too often. There were several time today where he chased down poor balls to him from Neville, winning it back and setting up another attack.

He's boss when he gets to start on the right side. Crazy little bugger.

He's so much better on the right, as most have said. That left foot is brilliant and that's now two of his three goals he's scored cutting in on it from the right.

He did okay on the left but he encroaches on Baines' turf. That said his link-up play with Baines was noticeably improved and he retained the ball well, often drifting across the field and laying it off to Seamus.

I really hope Drenthe can start at RM from now and not Coleman. Seamie's not half as good going forward but as a born-and-bred RB Moyes may prefer his defensive attributes. Which would be criminal.

If we could get him for 50k a week then id buy him, no question. Just dont reckon that would be enough for him tho.

He is always our outlet, his pace frightens the **** out of the oppo and he's unpredictable - totally different to what we already have. I love him ( in the 'hey let's bum' way) and would love him to sign.

we need to sign RR and straq sort of dead quick, having said that it would be pretty shoddy of us not to have secured 1st option

If given the right support he could become one of the best wingers in the league. If he floats around and does the journeyman thing he'll probably never amount to much more than a flashy impact sub.

Would be best for everyone for him to stay. The idea of a Pienaar-Barkley-Fellaini-Rodwell-Drenthe midfield makes my balls ache. All the more so when you consider the average age of that midfield would be about 24.

If he doesn't want to stay then I suppose there's nothing we can do about it, but we want our heads checking if we do anything less than our utmost to keep him. I saw signs today that he's taking on board some of Moyes' tracking back shiz (as he should), I hope that means he's doing everything he can to earn himself a permanent move here.

He wins the ball back as well as losing it, I think he gets unfair criticism for losing it too often. There were several time today where he chased down poor balls to him from Neville, winning it back and setting up another attack.

I'm not criticising him mate, I don't mind it as he trying something and not being safe all the time.

Whether we like it or not, he still gives it away a bit but his defensive work has really improved. Would be really happy with the squad if we could secure him, Straq and Pienaar permanently. Donovan we can only dream of.

If we could get him for 50k a week then id buy him, no question. Just dont reckon that would be enough for him tho.

I think our highest earners are on £60-65K. Maybe Fellaini's on more.

I'd have no problem with Royston getting that much to be honest, because there won't be a transfer fee. We know he's a wildcard, but wingers with that much in their locker usually cost £10m+.

We missed out on Demba Ba because of wages remember, and that -- with the benefit of hindsight of course -- has to go down as one of Moyes' biggest mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.