Round of 32 draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that 3rd place teams from the CL still come into this is embarrassing. It totally devalues the competition, ESPECIALLY when the winner now gets automatic entry into the CL.

Eh, it's a secondary competition anyway.

The competition used to be kind of pointless, that you can now get CL entry from it makes it a lot more interesting I think.

Depends who drops down I suppose. Roma or Juve I think I'd maybe like to avoid. Special aways though the pair of them.

Aye that's true, I mean of the teams who began in the EL at least.

I don't see why we can't beat either of those teams anyway. I'd still have us down as favourites as mad as it sounds. They're NEA about the Europa League probably.

We're the best team in the competition IMO.

Celtic would be nice. Good away day, I'd take a draw up there and hammer them at Goodison.
Celtic are no more than a championship side at best,we "should" hammer them over two games IMHO,would be a smashing draw for us that if it came about.

Aye that's true, I mean of the teams who began in the EL at least.

I don't see why we can't beat either of those teams anyway. I'd still have us down as favourites as mad as it sounds. They're NEA about the Europa League probably.
Yeah I suppose we are strongest of those that started and we've adapted pretty well to the competition which was always my worry.
Think Roma I'd say we were about even with. Juve are a cut above though. We'd have to be very on song to put them away over two legs.

Yeah I suppose we are strongest of those that started and we've adapted pretty well to the competition which was always my worry.
Think Roma I'd say we were about even with. Juve are a cut above though. We'd have to be very on song to put them away over two legs.

I'd agree with that if if was the Champions League, but it depends on how they view the Europa League. Our strongestish team would beat their reserves I reckon. I'd fancy us if they left out Pogba, Pirlo and Tevez.

Forget Celtic, would be a boring away trip that. Never been arsed about Scottish football and I feel no affinity for them like many other scousers do. I want an adventure.

Give me somewhere fun like PSV Eindhoven. I'd even be pleased to get Villareal again. We still have unfinished business with that lot as far I'm concerned, there will be no Collina with a brown envelope in his pocket to screw us this time.

I'd agree with that if if was the Champions League, but it depends on how they view the Europa League. Our strongestish team would beat their reserves I reckon. I'd fancy us if they left out Pogba, Pirlo and Tevez.
Just think of how bloody glamorous that tie would be if they did take it seriously....be some game.

Don't think they left them out last year when the reached the SF of the competition.

Just think of how bloody glamorous that tie would be if they did take it seriously....be some game.

It'd still be a step down from the international champions cup (?), which I'm drawing all my confidence from.

It'd be boss, though, really. A chance to play a world footballing giant in their stadium and a Goodison Park which would be bouncing. Boss.

.....just checked the betting, Spurs are favourites to win but there's only a few points between 5 at the top of the list - Spurs, Napoli, Everton, Sevilla and Fiorentina (between 12 and 16-1 depending on the bookie). Villareal come next at 20-1+.

Odds will change when the Champions League teams are known. I suppose most of the above are group winners but you wouldn't want to be drawn against any of those if they come 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.