Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats his nationality got to do with it?

Can we please, please, please stop calling him a Spanish whatever or El something?

I have no doubt people dont mean anything by it but it just looks horrible. He can be a clown without being a Spanish clown.

He's spanish and he's a clown, hence spanish clown. Stop with the sensitivity ;)

Honestly think right now, everything that Martinez is saying is with one aim, he knows he is gone 100%, he also knows just how underperforming he has had this team and is laying the groundwork for claiming credit post his departure for anythinjg a new manager achieves and also to try to deflect the criticsm aimed at him when that happens

Bangs on about the young core of the team in vital positions - laying the seed to being the one who allowed them to develop even though it meant we suffered result wise, new manager will reap that benefit in martinez world - a benefit of martinez long term planning no doubt

bangs on about the 9th on budget - obviously aware that next seasona nd onwards Everton are likely to climb much higher in what we spend comparitive to right now, so a nice excuse of any upturn in performance from a new manager being due to this, and that he would have done the same - else pointless for him to mention it even

Points out us being 'so close' to silverware and highlights the 3 seasons us doing well in the league, doing well in europe and doing well in the cups, so any new manager who comes in and does better - then Martinez has shown over those 3 seasons he could do the same and the vital experience the players gained is what helped the new man push on with this team, also throw in 1 and 2 above for the reasons a new manager could get the team performing better in all 3 comps

He is looking at his future, right now in a similar way as constantly he claims the credit for everything that Swansea did after he left he is preparing to do after his tenure ends here, he perpared the foundations, at his won cost ultimately to lay the foundations for a long term plan.

Utter bs by him - but given the fact he will be almost certainly doing media work next year - and a lot of it no doubt, he will have people believing it over time

Bit in bold though, why mention that what we aren't outperforming it lollol

could understand it if we where 7th and he was saying we didnt get in the champions league because of our spend - but he isn't even performing in that league table.

And if he mentions the away form one more time... 1 more league win, hardly spectacular.

Gonna be funny when he gets sacked and Dave comes back on here saying how he "never had a chance" due to the fans being against him from day 1 and he would have won us the Champions League if everyone had been behind him

There was a tweet yesterday (sorry can't post/confirm details) but I definately saw it in my timeline (from @evertonaren't we I think, open to correction) that went something along the lines of Jon Woods proving his value/loyalty to Everton on Friday, the implication I think that he would back Moshiri over Kenwright, the walkout at Anfield being a hint of his unhappiness.

Anyone have any more info? Would given credence to the board disharmony argument.

I seen that Somewere mate

Went he does get the sack do you think The Guardian app will send a notification like they did when Mourinho and Rodgers got the boot?

Asking the important questions here.

Isn't that called 'doing a Moyes'?
At least Moyes had justification in saying it! Remember that clock that was ticking since our last signing? More than two years wasn't it?

We were all cheesed off with the ginger beaut by the way he left, and the way he spoke when trying to pinch our players and for that reason(s) alone he shouldn't be welcomed back, but let's not try and compare the two when it comes to managerial ability eh?

We all have our opinions.

For a while I've said he's going nowhere yet. He is still here.

Prior Moshiri, there is no chance he would be sacked.

I don't know enough about Moshiri's character, or intent. He's said very little, and I judge someone on their actions.

Whether Martinez stays is, ultimately, down to Moshiri. He comes from Arsenal, perhaps the most loyal club to managers in football, to another. What has he done so far? He promoted Elstone to the board, and we know Kenwright remains very influential is a staunch supporter of the manager.

Is it a fair assumption that the majority of the board - by individuals - back the manager?

With that, I just don't think Martinez being sacked is inevitable as most expect. We're now seeing it, he is still in a job.

If he's going, I think it'll be on Moshiri's demand, against the grain of the board room - and when the season is officially over.
Fair take on the situation that.

Language
Did i really just see him asking to be judged on how three years?? thats suicide- 1st season 5th (moyes team) and win 55.3% 2nd season 11th win 31% this season hanging on to 11th win 26.5% !! He really is a deluded tub thumping thundercnut

I'm getting angry now. For the past few days I have been calm, believing that the sacking was imminent and the delay was only down to avoiding a clash with the outcome of the Hillsborough inquest and quite correctly not wanting to take attention away from that. But to see the business as normal press conference this morning really makes me despair about how our club is run.

I just want him gone.

All the eggs where in the FA Cup basket and he dropped them. No point in saying we had a good 45 mins 2nd half. All season we have put in 1 half or 25 minute bursts of excellent football, masking 60mins plus of utter garbage. This consistency has seen us throw countless points down the toilet with no system in place to rectify it. we didn't even get out of neutral gear at Anfield.

Last week was a hammer blow, I felt sick to the stomach and the manager should pay the price now.
You know what? Genuinely, for a minute forget it is Martinez and everton. Just take a step back and look at these press conferences. Essentially, they are an absolute embarrassment now! You would double up laughing if it was them lot in this position. Talking about halves of games we still lost in, overseeing such a poor run of 2 years, poor run of home games, poor run of even getting results against anyone.

Take away what will happen at the end of the season, or if he is a nice bloke, or how rich the owner is. Just take what our manager officially says and consider that it is just embarrassing just how bad his words are. He has been like this for weeks, the team has been sinking for weeks, the fact the board are still continuing is an embarrassment for the club!

We all have our opinions.

For a while I've said he's going nowhere yet. He is still here.

Prior Moshiri, there is no chance he would be sacked.

I don't know enough about Moshiri's character, or intent. He's said very little, and I judge someone on their actions.

Whether Martinez stays is, ultimately, down to Moshiri. He comes from Arsenal, perhaps the most loyal club to managers in football, to another. What has he done so far? He promoted Elstone to the board, and we know Kenwright remains very influential is a staunch supporter of the manager.

Is it a fair assumption that the majority of the board - by individuals - back the manager?

With that, I just don't think Martinez being sacked is inevitable as most expect. We're now seeing it, he is still in a job.

If he's going, I think it'll be on Moshiri's demand, against the grain of the board room - and when the season is officially over.

These are the factors that are really sounding alarm bells to me now. I can't believe after the last 10 days or so that Martinez is happily spewing his garbage at yet another press conference.

The assumption is that Moshiri is ambitious - but ambitious for what?

If you listen to any of a significant and growing % of Arsenal fans you'll know they're tearing their hair out about the perceived lack of ambition at their place and have been for several years. In a similar way that el soft lad has turned us into a 'souped-up' version of Wigan, the Mosh's ambitions may extend little further than carving us into an Arsenal 'lite'. One where this time he himself has the controlling interest.Certainly I've seeing nothing in his actions so far to suggest otherwise.

So ask questions that everybody all knows the answer to?

I agree its mediocre. I guess the main point is do we deem mediocrity as a sackable offence? And before we all jump in with a big "YES!" lets not forget that we have been mediocre for about 30 years now.
Mediocre is his word and something he says he wouldn't want to be involved with. Journalists are supposed to ask the difficult questions not just ask him about the only decent half of football in months and let him talk about it like it proves that we are now on course to be world beaters.
And yes in my opinion mediocrity is a sackable offense and he should be sacked at the earliest possible opportunity. If you're happy with mediocrity then you're talking us down just like he has been for the last few weeks in an attempt to save his skin.

Did i really just see him asking to be judged on how three years?? thats suicide- 1st season 5th (moyes team) and win 55.3% 2nd season 11th win 31% this season hanging on to 11th win 26.5% !! He really is a deluded tub thumping thundercnut

and did any of kenwrights lackeys in the press question him about it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.