Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill is the chairman still and he still has the controlling interest with his mates. Moshiri isn't even on the board and will be represented by a proxy.

Moshni owns 49% with eyes on potentially increasing that in the future and has money stashed all around the world and connection with some seriously rich individuals

Bill owns 12% and will probably either decrease that gradually or stay the same, has nothing but a few complementary Blood Brothers tickets to give to the club and his only connection is with Rita of Corrie

Moshni owns 49% with eyes on potentially increasing that in the future and has money stashed all around the world and connection with some seriously rich individuals

Bill owns 12% and will probably either decrease that gradually or stay the same, has nothing but a few complementary Blood Brothers tickets to give to the club and his only connection is with Rita of Corrie
He owns a bit more than 49%. Hell, Granchester hates Kenwright, if Moshiri decides he wants to sack ANYONE at the club, he just needs less than 1% to back him i think for a majority say.

Moyes was excellent for Everton results wise - he's become unpopular, irrationally because he joined Man U - but in reality how could the poor bu**** turn down the invitation to succeed SAF

There would be far worse choices - he already knows the club which is a plus. The issue is he never demonstrated the ability to compete beyond a certain level

Now we are a richer club we can attract proven winners

I disagree with that.

Moyes was given a splendid farewell against Hammers in his final match.

We parted on the best of terms.......I know of no one who begrudged him his chance to move to Old Traffird.

It was in that summer when he alienated the Everton fans with his patronising comments about our club and his derisory bids for our best players.

The hatred was never "irrational".....he brought it on himself.

I for one would regard it as a retrograde step to fetch him back and it would shatter all my illusions that the new money coming in is going to transform our fortunes.

I would also say he doesn't "know the club" anymore.

One of the snidey comments he made was about "I know how Everon works.....Roberto will soon find out".

Well, within a year Bobby was paying £28 million for a player and a year later was able to tell Jose that money can't buy you Stones.

Luxuries wee Davey was never afforded in the club he knew so well.

And with Mr. Moshiri now involved the landscape has changed yet further.

Moyes was excellent for Everton results wise - he's become unpopular, irrationally because he joined Man U - but in reality how could the poor bu**** turn down the invitation to succeed SAF

There would be far worse choices - he already knows the club which is a plus. The issue is he never demonstrated the ability to compete beyond a certain level

Now we are a richer club we can attract proven winners

Remember Moyes' transfer dealings at United. And if the new owner is going to splash the cash he's presumably going to want to see attractive football. Davey couldn't do that with a team containing Rooney, Di Maria and Van Persie.

Arsenal fans are calling for Wenger's head but he delivers Champions League football every year, he has delivered silverware and they're enjoyable to watch. Sooner or later they will be Premier League champions again.

I hope that we can give Roberto the same sort of time to build his empire and bring through some of our promising, young players.

I disagree with that.

Moyes was given a splendid farewell against Hammers in his final match.

We parted on the best of terms.......I know of no one who begrudged him his chance to move to Old Traffird.

It was in that summer when he alienated the Everton fans with his patronising comments about our club and his derisory bids for our best players.

The hatred was never "irrational".....he brought it on himself.

I for one would regard it as a retrograde step to fetch him back and it would shatter all my illusions that the new money coming in is going to transform our fortunes.

I would also say he doesn't "know the club" anymore.

One of the snidey comments he made was about "I know how Everon works.....Roberto will soon find out".

Well, within a year Bobby was paying £28 million for a player and a year later was able to tell Jose that money can't buy you Stones.

Luxuries wee Davey was never afforded in the club he knew so well.

And with Mr. Moshiri now involved the landscape has changed yet further.
Exactly. Bit revisionist to claim the ill will to Moyes is irrational. He made his bed with his attitude and comments which went against EVERYTHING he claimed to hate whilst at Everton. He made comments to the press about other players he wanted to sign, he belittled a club that had made him VERY wealthy and treated him with nothing but the utmost respect.

Moshiri could afford to buy us outright but he hasn't been allowed to..yet. I'm sure that the new investor will defer to Bill's experience and, if he doesn't, they could simply outvote him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.