Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is indeed, I'm working in London at the moment, and passed Esk Towers this evening.
fd8003beeb580a12e39edde25975749e.jpg

That's the porter's lodge mate, drop in for a cuppa next time.

Do you think we will make such an announcement?

...it will now probably become an 'amicable' parting at the season end, BOB will talk up the club, the club will talk up and thank BOB, BOB will talk about fresh challenges and wish us well, the club will talk about moving forward in a new era...

And BILL will be teary and peeved as his playthang is off and he'll soon be following.

And it will be good.

And I can't wait.

These things cannot be rushed. The powers that be must, first, agree the he is to go. Then a replacement is to be found. This, alone, can take a long time. The candidates must be available and of the precise quality necessary, this time it just has to be right. There could be several candidates to be interviewed, and possibly, re-interviewed. We are to believe that there are. Then the selection process. Once the appropriate selection has been made, the negotiations begin. More time. Negotiations can break down and re-selection might happen. And so on and so on.
We must be patient and hope that, eventually, the correct decision is made. The important thing is that he goes and is replaced by a manager of much better calibre who will take this club back to where it belongs. If that takes til the end of the season or even beyond, it's alright by me.

...it will now probably become an 'amicable' parting at the season end, BOB will talk up the club, the club will talk up and thank BOB, BOB will talk about fresh challenges and wish us well, the club will talk about moving forward in a new era...

And BILL will be teary and peeved as his playthang is off and he'll soon be following.

And it will be good.

And I can't wait.
That's how I see it as well. Someone needs to update Galloway though, poor thing.

Imagine a new a-class manager joining shortly after the last game of the season...

How amazing would it be to be able to enjoy the summer and look forward to what happens in the transfer market...?!?!

Your kidding right?

This place will be utterly horrific in the Summer, the Euros will "stop" us signing most players and by July half the fanbase will be calling for Moshis head.

Your kidding right?

This place will be utterly horrific in the Summer, the Euros will "stop" us signing most players and by July half the fanbase will be calling for Moshis head.

See normally I'd see that being the case but surely there is some renewed optimism with Moshiri in charge of things? Especially if he brings in a new top class manager...

No? Guys?

If the clubs judgement is that waiting until after the Norwich game to make the announcement goes some way to letting Roberto leave with dignity and makes it easier for him to secure another post elsewhere, I am fine with it.

If anything, if he was going to go yesterday, the protests may have hardened the view to keep him in place until the end of the season.

It is 100% the best outcome for us that he goes but it is a real shame that things didn't work out. He seems such a lovely guy and had the best intentions, in particular the way he represented the club at Hillsborough related events was the mark of a decent and caring gentleman. I hope he gets back on his feet in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.