Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the worst 3 sides are going down. They were all rubbish.
Sheffield United joining the ranks of Derby 08, Swindon 94, Sunderland 06 and 03, Huddersfield 19 and Villa 16 in for worst sides. They’ve beaten Swindon’s record for most goals conceded today thanks to Doucs’ goal and if/when they lose at Spurs next week they’ll finish on the joint 3rd lowest points total at 16 and second most defeats at 28 behind their own joint record of 29 from 2021

It’s also the first time in 26 years that all 3 promoted clubs from last season have gone straight back down when Bolton, Palace and Barnsley all went down

You essentially have been one of the worst Premier League sides ever though, so those pundits were all right. Under 30 points. Would’ve been down in mid April if it weren’t for your rivals getting points deductions, that’s the only reason you had a “sliver of a chance” in May. I think it’s been a shambolic effort personally. Can see your manager being canned in November when you’re 13th next season.

I don't know why you're still desperately trying to get a rise out of me. We clearly have wildly varying viewpoints over how I should apparently feel about the season, but here's the kicker for you - I don't actually care what your opinion is and bears not one jot on my mood.

As I said, the future is looking a lot rosier than it was a few years ago (not just the club, but the town too). Maybe, in light of the 777 talk, that's why you're so bitter? Anyway, it's too hot to stay in and further analyse your misery so I'll leave you stewing and go celebrate the season's effort with a few beers. Feel free not to @ me again.

Sheffield United joining the ranks of Derby 08, Swindon 94, Sunderland 06 and 03, Huddersfield 19 and Villa 16 in for worst sides. They’ve beaten Swindon’s record for most goals conceded today thanks to Doucs’ goal and if/when they lose at Spurs next week they’ll finish on the joint 3rd lowest points total at 16 and second most defeats at 28 behind their own joint record of 29 from 2021

It’s also the first time in 26 years that all 3 promoted clubs from last season have gone straight back down when Bolton, Palace and Barnsley all went down

Sheffield United came up in incredible turmoil with the owner wanting to sell but the only interest was from "apparent" Nigerian Billionaire who failed the fit and proper test which says it all.

They started the season with a far weaker team than which was promoted so to me they were always going straight back down comfortably. Also start the championship on -2 points.

Luton gave it a better go than I was expecting and I was worried in February tbh but got long term injuries to key players and that loss from 3-0 up at Bournemouth pretty much relegated them.

Burnley are the biggest disappointments I think. Won the league comfortably, spent a huge amount but all the signings were inexperienced kids. It would be like this club spending 100m + on 5-6 Chermiti's. Talented but very raw for this level of football to be starting week in week out. Kompany also should've tweaked his style mid season but didn't.

I can't quite believe Leicester, Ipswich and one of Leeds/Southampton will all be as bad so think it will be more like 22/23 and 35-36 points will be needed for safety.

Your seasonal reminder of course that if you were worried about relegation when things were going badly then that’s perfectly fine

With the deduction and that 15 match run it was a real possibility

No one could have seen us winning those 3 matches in 6 days

Trepidation and/or worry was understandable

Even the too cool for school crew would have had moments where they were thinking about it, they’re just too proud to admit it

Your seasonal reminder of course that if you were worried about relegation when things were going badly then that’s perfectly fine

Even the too cool for school crew would have had moments where they were thinking about it, they’re just too proud to admit it
I had us relegated after the last minute own goal and defeat at Bournemouth. Couldn’t see any light at all.

Fair play to Dyche rallying them again for the impressive end of season results.

I don't know why you're still desperately trying to get a rise out of me. We clearly have wildly varying viewpoints over how I should apparently feel about the season, but here's the kicker for you - I don't actually care what your opinion is and bears not one jot on my mood.

As I said, the future is looking a lot rosier than it was a few years ago (not just the club, but the town too). Maybe, in light of the 777 talk, that's why you're so bitter? Anyway, it's too hot to stay in and further analyse your misery so I'll leave you stewing and go celebrate the season's effort with a few beers. Feel free not to @ me again.

What 777 talk? They’ve been sent packing, as I said they would be since about September, please keep up.

Enjoy the celebrations, they’ve been well earned. I’m very envious, wish we could celebrate relegation with under 30 points.

Whatever makes you feel better....

Some of us consistently saw 18th would only get 25-30 points from the start and it wasnt a real concern.

Burnley actually looked the most capable of the three, they just took too long to adapt to the premier league and never learnt that playing out from the back is not the way to go when you’re in a relationship fight. Still, too many northern teams have gone down / under recently so was good to have them in the league even for just a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.