Relegation 23/24 Thread

I don't even think about them anymore, they may as well be playing a different sport. Everton come first always, but I guess if we go down you will always have Luton beating Liverpool to remember for your entire life.

Which players are out of contract in the summer?

Think Calvert Lewin is one year left so would be a very big call from the club to hand him a lucrative new deal when his finishing has been rubbish for months. At least he's proved his fitness now so hopefully someone like Newcastle or Spurs would sign him just as a reserve.

Branthwaite will probably be sold.

Will probably be the same core relied on next season. Pickford (if stay up)- Tarks-Myko-Garner-Doucs- McNeill- Beto/new striker.
Add Onana and perhaps Pickford to that list.

Despite his atrocious scoring record I could still see someone like Arsenal or Sours go for DCL as a back up.striker for a modest fee.

So you would be happy that Liverpool got 2 less points, even if that meant Everton went down (by 1 point)?

Give your head a shake.
We have had three years of watching and worrying about other teams results it's up to us to make sure we get enough points to stay up .
Some people seem to be of the opinion that what Liverpool do doesn't effect us but for me if they win the league again it effects our standing in the City and makes life harder for the younger generation of supporters to become the blues fans of the future.
So f*** them a draw would suit me fine.

Add Onana and perhaps Pickford to that list.

Despite his atrocious scoring record I could still see someone like Arsenal or Sours go for DCL as a back up.striker for a modest fee.

Pickford has been pretty loyal so far. Also not sure where he'd move to as links last year were to Spurs and Man. United and they both have long term number ones now. Maybe Chelsea would come in with a stupid bid.

Given next season is a non tournament year it actually wouldn't shock me if he stayed regardless (unless Southgate leaves and then he probably would need to play prem football to keep number one spot). He only has to look at Ramsdale to see how quickly you can go from undisputed number one to a long period on the bench. Ramsdale didn't even make any significant errors at Arsenal for that to happen.

Onana will go yeah.

How fuched up is this league. All the integrity of a conservative politician.

We should be comfortably sitting mid table on 30 points at this point, not even really entertaining the prospect of relegation and not arsed about other teams results.

Instead we’re wanting an RS win tonight.

We have had three years of watching and worrying about other teams results it's up to us to make sure we get enough points to stay up .
Some people seem to be of the opinion that what Liverpool do doesn't effect us but for me if they win the league again it effects our standing in the City and makes life harder for the younger generation of supporters to become the blues fans of the future.
So f*** them a draw would suit me fine.
Far more important we stay uo they still have to win other games, dont enjoy being in this situation but well at this time we need a result from them.

I have no self respect left. A cruel merciless 14-0 thrashing please, and an open top bus parade. Numerous Luton players sent off after the final whistle for crying.