Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think too much is getting made of our recent form.

Had a horrendous run of games - and wolves aside I think we have done ok in all of them with a wafer thin squad.

Arguably should have won at Spurs, good points away to Fulham and home to villa and a great resilient showing at home v spurs.

Think it was always going to be a difficult period and we came through it ok imo - with a virtually fully fit squad now and some more favourable fixtures we should be able to get out of it.
Just wait until we play Fulham, Wolves and Luton at home

Oh..

Can’t believe we don’t play on Monday and in fact don’t have any more games left.
God could you imagine - The unbridled joy

giphy.gif

Is that with some or full points back?

Getting to 45 points now requires nearly two points a game. I would be very surprised when you look at the away schedule. Can of course win another 3-4 at Goodison so with the odd away win I think it will be more like 36-39 points as has been the range for last two seasons.

Hopefully that should be enough.
Also think we will end up having around 35-40 points, but I meant we will score around 40-45 goals realistically this season.

What might be decisive for us at the end of season is our goal difference. We have the best down there.
Yes regardless of what happens with the points deduction, we still have the goal difference of a mid-table side. This obviously gives us an edge over the other teams at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.