Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember saying Luton were wonderful at all, but they did have a decent spell once they got used to the league and before the injuries. If Leeds come up they'll be better than any of the 3 promoted teams were this year.

Based on what? Their performance in the Championship? Well they’ve got less points than Sheffield United managed last season.

Based on what? Their performance in the Championship? Well they’ve got less points than Sheffield United managed last season.
Sheffield United sold their best 2 players when they got promoted, including the guy who scored a lot of their goals

I think people are kidding themselves if they don’t think next season will be a struggle.

It depends on point deductions and who we have to sell I think

If we manage to keep Pickford and the league don't clobber us too hard on PSR, then I think Dyche can probably get us to around the 40-50 point mark, which should probably have us around 12th-16th depending on how other sides do

It won't be pretty or especially exciting, but I think most of us would take being safe before May again, and that's a possibility with Dyche at the helm

Obviously if we have a fire sale, get hit with a big points deduction, and have a bad run of results, then we could be looking down the barrel of the relegation gun again, but that's sadly just par for the course these days due to how badly we've been run

Ok I take it back, 90 points is crap! If you think we'd score 90 points with our turgid football in the Championship you're delusional. If you've watched the Championship this season, Leeds are way better than Norwich and West Brom. Personally hoping one of those 2 come up. They have the same problem as most Championship teams, they can't defend. Ipswich are the same. However, they'll probably beat us!

Leeds should have finished 2nd really, but they bottled it whilst Ipswich held their nerve

That happens sometimes

I wish people would stop worrying about next season already. It may be a struggle, we will only find out when we are in the thick of the league action. Pointless thinking the worst already about next season, just like some think every year before the season we are in, even ends. This season bar the points deduction as we know, would have been very comfortable (I know been Everton fan there is no such thing even when 3 up etc) and before someone goes and says it because their was 3 worst teams and so on, we obviously would have been above way more than 3 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.