Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich for starters.
Another of the promotees, depends who comes up.
And I reckon Palace could really struggle if they lose Eze and Olise.
West Ham might nose dive without Moyes, he’s the only stability they’ve had for years.
Gonna throw Brentford in there as well, I reckon their time is coming to a close in the Prem.

All we can do, regardless of ins and outs is to make Goodison a tough place to come. Like we have done at late. Imagine going the final season unbeaten at Goodison.

Not sure why some folk are getting hung up on the teams coming up next season, and how they’re going to be better.

We survived on 36 points last season… 36 points would have seen you safe every season all the way back until 2015/16 when Newcastle went down on 37… it would take something proper catastrophic for us to regress that much in 12 months.

You’ve also got the likes of Forest who are hamstrung by P&L and Brentford haven’t exactly been pulling up trees.

The relegation scrap next season is not necessarily going to involve us.

Not sure why some folk are getting hung up on the teams coming up next season, and how they’re going to be better.

We survived on 36 points last season… 36 points would have seen you safe every season all the way back until 2015/16 when Newcastle went down on 37… it would take something proper catastrophic for us to regress that much in 12 months.

You’ve also got the likes of Forest who are hamstrung by P&L and Brentford haven’t exactly been pulling up trees.

The relegation scrap next season is not necessarily going to involve us.
We could be weaker next season tho mate.

Branners has been a real reason why we stayed up and without him we could well become a leaky sieve.

Lets see what this window brings before I start DOOMING tho.

Branners has been a real reason why we stayed up and without him we could well become a leaky sieve.

Lets see what this window brings before I start DOOMING tho.

Oh absolutely, if we lose the quality of Branthwaite we will be weaker, but you’ve got to hope we can find a half decent replacement.
Up the doom and gloom toffees.

The league will be stronger next season and we have to be ready for that. This weekend past tells you all that you need to know. 2 out of the 3 teams in the relegation zone were in with a chance of survival with a win. All were beaten handily and without much of a fight. 3 of the worst teams to ever compete in the league in my opinion.

The league will be stronger next season and we have to be ready for that. This weekend past tells you all that you need to know. 2 out of the 3 teams in the relegation zone were in with a chance of survival with a win. All were beaten handily and without much of a fight. 3 of the worst teams to ever compete in the league in my opinion.
Think will be similar again tbh see liecester/ipswich as similar to burnley have done well in championship but the prem is harder to do. Then same with the third team will be the same, will be tough for us but hopefully no other deduction we can stay out of it leicester will also be hit between 5-8 imo

Let’s see what this window brings before I start DOOMING tho.

You are right mate. His departure will drop us from top 4 defence to mid table defence. Convert that to real points drop will be devastating. Not sure why some insist its a good idea to sell him.

You are right mate. His departure will drop us from top 4 defence to mid table defence. Convert that to real points drop will be devastating. Not sure why some insist its a good idea to sell him.
Nobody thinks it’s a good idea.
We just desperately need the money to avoid further points deductions or even administration

Why haven’t they been promoted automatically if they’re so good and fast and skilful? Because Ipswich Town were just too much of a force?
Well they did score 90 points which would have seen them automatically promoted in any other season.

Status
Not open for further replies.