Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The relegation battle is over already. The bottom 3 will stay as is and none of them will pick up another point this season.
I think the PL have massively got away with how farcical this all could’ve been. Events on the pitch, with the bottom three being so poor the points deductions don’t look like playing a significant part, have spared them a bit.

I think the PL have massively got away with how farcical this all could’ve been. Events on the pitch, with the bottom three being so poor the points deductions don’t look like playing a significant part, have spared them a bit.

Be interesting to see what they do with Leicester now.

They are getting charged for breaches the same years - we have taken points deductions for.

Id really call into question the fairness of that in terms of timings.

Say Leicester are charged in the summer, they say right we know Everton got 10, lets drop a load of money on players and make sure we give ourselves a chance of staying up. I suppose you can say we had the same opportunity last summer and in Jan mind.

It looks now as if Forest will probably survive after beating Sheffield at the weekend and Luton not beating us last Friday.
This is a real stroke of luck for the PL as it should avoid any further legal complications which would surely have happened if Forest had gone down.

I do hope Forest go down next season it seems they have turned into a very nasty club.

It looks now as if Forest will probably survive after beating Sheffield at the weekend and Luton not beating us last Friday.
This is a real stroke of luck for the PL as it should avoid any further legal complications which would surely have happened if Forest had gone down.

I do hope Forest go down next season it seems they have turned into a very nasty club.
That got away with relegating Sheff United instead of West Ham some years ago. They make up and drop rules as they go along... whatever happened to players diving to get a penalty being retrospectively banned. Niasse was the only player it happened to as far as I'm aware.

That got away with relegating Sheff United instead of West Ham some years ago. They make up rules as they go along... whatever happened to players diving to get a penalty being retrospectively banned. Niasse was the only player it happened to as far as I'm aware.
Niasse and Lanizini for West Ham were the only two players IIRC.

I haven't read the whole thing but the summary of Forests appeal seemed to be that the points shouldn't have been taken because they sold someone after the accounting period in question and if the points were taken they should have been suspended. They seem like really flimsy arguments that were never going to get them anywhere so its not surprising it hasn't been successful.

I genuinely believe one of the relegated sides this season could do back to back relegations. Would go with Luton if they lose a couple of key players and keep the cheerleader in charge. Think Burnley will be alright.

That got away with relegating Sheff United instead of West Ham some years ago. They make up and drop rules as they go along... whatever happened to players diving to get a penalty being retrospectively banned. Niasse was the only player it happened to as far as I'm aware.
VAR came in so those incidents are looked at and dealt with during the game. If someone has dived it’s a yellow card. You then can’t go back and give a retrospective ban for deceiving the referee because the deception has been dealt with.

Niasse wasn’t the only player. Lanzini from West Ham got done as well.

VAR came in so those incidents are looked at and dealt with during the game. If someone has dived it’s a yellow card. You then can’t go back and give a retrospective ban for deceiving the referee because the deception has been dealt with.

Niasse wasn’t the only player. Lanzini from West Ham got done as well.
And yet we still had the fake penalty last weekend. VAR just another Premier League fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.