Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
27 overall. Think it was 19 we stay up.
Which suggests reality is more like 65-70% we stay up than the 80-85% a lot of the statistical models are quoting. The betting markets are saying something in between - around 75%, at a glance.

If you're the betting type, which I'm not, that spread isn't something to get excited by irrespective of which odds you believe are correct. There's that vig thing, which is why I'm not the betting type. Not much to do in between but wait for when we open the box and find out if the cat is dead, or alive.

I think the players know if they muck up on Sunday they won't be able to leave the stadium without a livid scouser confronting them so there will be ample motivation to win

Being worried about getting accosted by fans is more likely to make them tense and retreat into themselves than to play better.
A hostile atmosphere (towards our own players) will guaranteed lead to us losing them match.

Man City still playing the likes of Haaland, KDB etc here with a Champions League final on the horizon.

Take note Moysey.
It's a little different for them, isn't it? Pep wants them match fit, Inter won't take a day off and Serie A runs an extra week. Inter wants to finish 2nd, and really wants to finish ahead of AC.

West Ham and Fiorentina are both Europa-or-bust in that cup final. It's the only meaningful game left on the calendar.

What a team Brighton are
How the hell did we beat them 1-5?
Even good teams have bad days. I don't think Spurs thought they could score four and lose to us in the FA Cup a couple years back, while leading corners by 15-2.

What a team Brighton are
How the hell did we beat them 1-5?

I hate to say it but i think they thought we were so sh!te they just had to go onto the pitch. I watched the first 20 minutes of this game against City and it was a very different attitude. Cant argue mind. Imagine where we'd be without those 3 points.

Has anyone lumped on us to go down?

I was tempted the other day so at least I’d get something to ease the heartache slightly if it happens, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it in the end. Didn’t feel right.

I'm tempted by an Everton not to win + Leicester win handicap bet but, like you, I can't quite bring myself to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.