Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. It is in our hands and, as nervous as it will be on the final day, we cannot afford anything less than a win.

I’ll hate the tension especially if Leicester or Leeds take the lead before we do. It will filter around the ground and make Goodison even more tense.
It will be like that anyway mate even if we needed a draw it would have been tension anyway from the first minute. God knows what will happen.

A draw is no longer enough for Leeds or Leicester, they would be mad to defend for 80 minutes again and try and nick it. If either of them open up, the likes of Son/Bowen might rip them apart, their defences are atrocious unless they defend with 10 players.

We are however in massive trouble if either of them score first, then they can retreat again and just defend for their lives against teams that probably don’t give a toss.
If we win they can do as they like

They did smash them, Leicester got lucky.

No one is criticising nerves, but folk talking about relegation as a certainty have rightly been told it isn't, for their own good as much as anyone elses
That's fair comment mate. I'm gonna try and totally switch off till Sunday for the sake of my health

Haven't read all of this thread so maybe it's already been highlighted but only just realised that West Ham's Conference League final is not until 7th June. Hopefully this means Moyes will play a near full strength side to ensure they don't lose momentum. Clutching at straws here...

I guess needing to win then we have to start the game on the front foot.

Needing a draw I had a feeling Dyche would have us sitting deep from the off and letting Bournemouth have the ball and that would never have ended well. We need a noisy, up for it Goodison and a high tempo game plan.

Anyone who thinks both will fail to win is living in cloud cuckoo land - Wham reserves will just be there for a jolly up while Spurs are just gonna be spurs.

Let's hope Richie isn't.
I'd expect the other two to win.

I'd also expect Richarlison to miss a one-on-one for old time's sake if we were left depending on him to save us.

Status
Not open for further replies.