Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let this sink in..... Bournemouth have won their last four meetings against us FOUR!!!.

We need to win so desperately and they will want to end their season on a win. It's going to be tough and I am bricking it already.

We cannot rely on the teams playing Leicester and Leeds to avoid defeat against them, especially with Spurs being so "Spursey" at the moment. It never works out for relegation battlers.

This will be the darkest day in the history of Everton football club if this goes on the way it has.

A draw would have done us if Newcastle won. There’s no room for error now. Unless Moyes does us a favour. Leeds are done.
Sorry yes you are right….oh well it is what it is….I would have taken us being in this position at the start of the weekend - we just have to win. If we can’t beat Bournemouth at home, final game of the season in a vital must win match, then we deserve to go

Gotta be honest, if that's us tonight I'd be 'kin fuming because in theory it was in their hands and they chucked that game for a chance of a point and banking on us to lose. That might happen, but what a bizarre game of poker to play.

As shown with the Brighton win, 1 win makes a huge difference.

We simply have to go out to win our game Sunday, do that and we stay up.

I'd be livid if I was a Leicester fan.
Commentary said they haven't kept a clean sheet in 13 games (?) so they had to do something I suppose.

They planned to have the post and poor finishing save them??

Had to ride their luck but very clearly game plan was to sit deep and not let Newcastle in behind them, trust themselves to deal with crosses. Then push forward late on.

That’s knocked my confidence for Sunday now, I have zero faith in us winning football matches, 7 wins in 37 says all you need to know
Same amount as Leeds and 1 less than Leicester and they both have to win. There's no reason to have your confidence knocked based on us winning games when it's entirely possible, if not likely that both of those other teams don't pick up wins Sunday, meaning we're safe by default.

If either of them draw or both they are down.
If they lose they are down .
Sooner have the pionts on the board going into the final game.

100%. It is in our hands and, as nervous as it will be on the final day, we cannot afford anything less than a win.

I’ll hate the tension especially if Leicester or Leeds take the lead before we do. It will filter around the ground and make Goodison even more tense.

Status
Not open for further replies.