Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We couldn't afford to pay Gueye or extend Doucs contract in the championship. It might be difficult to shift some of the others. I can't see teams clammering for Maupay or Dominic Calvert-Lewin for a number of reasons.
Gueye is no-doubt one of the top earners, having come in from PSG but if he doesn't want to leave or no club wants to buy him, there's nothing we can do other than pay his +£100-120k a week. A well-run club would have a wage drop clause in the contract of a 33 year old midfielder, but this is Everton so who knows.

Wont be a club in the world daft enough to want Maupay. 1 goal in about 28 games or something. We'll be stuck with him, hoping he can get a few against lesser opposition. DCL if he proves his fitness in last 8-10 games maybe has one or two interested parties for a low fee, but he's probably another one we'll be stuck with picking up wages for little contribution.

All joking aside, they didn’t bother putting in a ticket office at BMD, so there’s a good chance they’ve not got anywhere to stick any possible, however unlikely, trophies we may win!
Typical Everton. Finally build a 50,000 seater brand new stadium at last but forget to add the ticket office so no bugger can get in to it lol

Neither Brentford nor Fulham have what the media like to describe as star players. But they both have lots of very good players who are playing well within systems that suit them best and for two excellent managers. I regret now belonging to the group of Everton fans maybe the majority who wanted Silva sacked. Too late now I know.
Was time for him to leave looked defeated and was on a terrible run that derby game was enough for me. Is not saying he is a bad manager just at the club at the wrong time

If we survive this season we should have plenty of money to spend next season, it has been announced today that EFC have already received the Kean money, add to that the Richarlison money plus the Gordon money plus any money for players leaving such as Gomes Gbabin and maybe more. Happy times ahead, but then again it is EFC.

Pretty sure telling me this deserves a ban or something! Don’t ruin it fori me!!!

I think there is some subscription service where any games that aren't on UK TV are streamed online.

Ironically I can imagine us being on TV more often due to the novelty of us being back in the Football League.

Still maybe we'll stay up...

Typical Everton. Finally build a 50,000 seater brand new stadium at last but forget to add the ticket office so no bugger can get in to it lol
You don't need a ticket office, it's not the 1990s. Can't remember the last time I used a physical ticket for anything. Obviously the rs use them, because then you can fake them.

Was time for him to leave looked defeated and was on a terrible run that derby game was enough for me. Is not saying he is a bad manager just at the club at the wrong time
Yes, that Derby game was unforgettable for all the wrong reasons. I think you summed it up nicely with your "at the club at the wrong time".

What a strange comment. You either think we're down this season or you think if we survive we wont outlast Brentford Dog & Duck FC as a PL club?
They were better than us last season and are miles ahead of us this season. Just showing a bit of respect to sides clearly better than us.

Also, I’m pretty convinced we are down as we are absolutely appalling.

Hope I’m wrong of course, but the last 18 months tells me im not.

I agree some people definitely underestimate the championship but I see a lot of people swing the other way and overestimate it. We’re talking about a division where Maupay scored 20 plus, and where Akpom has banged in over 20 already. It’s a tough league for sure but there’s a massive step down in terms of the defensive quality we’d face.

I think the existing striker / winger options are good enough, and even with a few high earners departing the defensive options would be fine, the key would be the midfield and finding players with a bit of creativity who can unpick teams that would mostly be sitting in against us. Garner would be a big player for us.

You're ignoring our fans in all this. We're horrible. If we went 1-0 down against a Coventry, Preston or Millwall the atmosphere would be sour and tense. Its like that in this league where if we are playing anyone other than the Sky sh*te the crowd gets all edgy because its nearly half time and we haven't scored yet against Fulham.

Bristol City are currently 14th. Who other than Alex Scott gets in our squad let alone our team? This is what I mean by people underestimating the gulf between PL and Championship.

As well as the crowd issue above I'd also say it's a team game and we just haven't had any sense of that for a long time.

So we’ve raked in £65 million from Gordon and Kean since January. We’ve spent £0. Plus Rondon’s wages saved and £1.5million for Broadhead. So by summer that’s probably pushing £70 million saved. The relegation premium seems to be estimated at around 90 million, so even if we go down, the financial oblivion that some have been predicting must now be less likely and put us in a much better position to come straight back up.

If we survive this season we should have plenty of money to spend next season, it has been announced today that EFC have already received the Kean money, add to that the Richarlison money plus the Gordon money plus any money for players leaving such as Gomes Gbabin and maybe more. Happy times ahead, but then again it is EFC.
We might have but don't expect us too have a big pulling power, Thelwell knows what he is doing and Dyche will know what he wants, but I'm not expecting stars.
We need to.go back to lower league bargains

So we’ve raked in £65 million from Gordon and Kean since January. We’ve spent £0. Plus Rondon’s wages saved and £1.5million for Broadhead. So by summer that’s probably pushing £70 million saved. The relegation premium seems to be estimated at around 90 million, so even if we go down, the financial oblivion that some have been predicting must now be less likely and put us in a much better position to come straight back up.

You must also consider the fact that our wage bill would probably be the highest in second division history by a long, long way. It’s not sustainable for Championship football, we would need to get rid of another 8-10 players just to be back on an even footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.