Q/A thread: on why you're an Evertonian

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzaro

LOVE GOT JUST THE WAY IT IS #ALWNV
Q/A thread.

1. Why are you an Evertonian / Toffee / Bluenose / Blue etc?

2. What does Everton mean to you?

In your own words. No judgements from anyone else. Just be honest about yourself and EFC.

everton-fc-2014-2015-umbro-home-kit-360x215.jpg

1 - True story. Nobody knows why I'm an Evertonian.
My dad is an Ipswich fan, brother Spurs, and grew up near Sheffield. There is no reason really. Nobody in my family can tell me.
In all honesty I think I saw a table in the mid to late 80's and we must have been top.
Either that or I was chosen.

2 - Means too much to put into words.

1 - Didn't have a choice (Dad would have disowned me)

2 - Family first, Everton second, anything else and I'm not really that arsed

1/ I'm from L4, Goodison was the closest ground to ours as the crow flies, my dad and his parents were Evertonians.

2/ Forms a great part of my self-image. It's what me and loads of people I meet during the week are gearing up to - Everton at the weekend. I spend most of my day thinking Everton thoughts and we're just better than any other football fan.

Everton are boss, and it's just so intertwined with my daily life, that Everton is my daily life. Could go on all day.

1/ I'm from L4, Goodison was the closest ground to ours as the crow flies, my dad and his parents were Evertonians.

2/ Forms a great part of my self-image. It's what me and loads of people I meet during the week are gearing up to - Everton at the weekend. I spend most of my day thinking Everton thoughts and we're just better than any other football fan.

Everton are boss, and it's just so intertwined with my daily life, that Everton is my daily life. Could go on all day

I should have said this FFS

1. My dad took me to Goodison when I was 6 and that was me for life.
2. Made up when we win, sad but not disheartened when we lose. I'm realistic about football unlike the other lot, you can't win them all.

1. Awkward bugger. No-one else supported Everton in our village ( loads of Mancs, Red and Blue ), quite a few RS and a fair few Notlob and Preston fans, but no Blues ) and I needed to be different. Bit of glory hunting as well if I'm totally honest.

2. Far too much. Lived abroad ( near Chico probably ) for quite a few years with a much better standard of living, but home and the Old Lady pulled me back.

1. Lived in Bootle, Goodison my closest ground so supported them as it's my local team.

2. I love Everton, love our [Poor language removed] ground, love how made up we get over a new signing. Going the match is one of my favourite things in life, behind my family and closest mates.

1) Fell in love with football, didn't want to glory hunt. United supporting uncle suggested looking into Everton as they hate Liverpool as much as he did. Didn't take long to realise I was made to be a Blue from there.

2) It's hard to articulate, and hard to rationalise considering I'm on the other side of the world. But Everton is constantly at the forefront of my mind, and my favourite time of the week is just after midnight on a Saturday night when everyone else is asleep, and it's just me, Everton on the tele and Blues around the world on the web.

It's sad, lonely and woolish, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.