Pubs showing everton game thats not on sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one near me, unfortunately it shows all the "Merseyside Red" games as well and the manager of the pub supports them. so if they are playing at the same time, it can be a bit of a minefield and it depends what sort of tolerance level I have on the day if I actually go in, because they will have half the screens showing one game and half showing the other.

Problem is sky send those sneaky rats out to check if the games on and then issue a summons or give a strong warning about future 3pm games being beamed. Last season a few of the pubs locally got caught and although haven't been fined it's made licensees very wary of showing these games. If you phone up to check its on, unless they know you, you'll be told they don't have it, I even know of pubs who just shut the doors and you can't get in or out till after the game. There's also pubs that use function rooms and unless the manager knows you as a local will not let you in to watch the game.

Problem is sky send those sneaky rats out to check if the games on and then issue a summons or give a strong warning about future 3pm games being beamed. Last season a few of the pubs locally got caught and although haven't been fined it's made licensees very wary of showing these games. If you phone up to check its on, unless they know you, you'll be told they don't have it, I even know of pubs who just shut the doors and you can't get in or out till after the game. There's also pubs that use function rooms and unless the manager knows you as a local will not let you in to watch the game.
The way it should be, why should some johnny come lately spoil our viewing pleasure and go home and inform the authorities!

There is one near me, unfortunately it shows all the "Merseyside Red" games as well and the manager of the pub supports them. so if they are playing at the same time, it can be a bit of a minefield and it depends what sort of tolerance level I have on the day if I actually go in, because they will have half the screens showing one game and half showing the other.

pacific in Bootle?

Same by me.

The games aren't advertised and don't go on until bang on ko time.

The doors are then locked and you can't get out until the games finished.

It's a pain in the arse if the games crap and you just want to go on the ale instead lol

Regarding TV. Celtic has all rights for tonights CL qualifying game, and they decided not to sell any TV rights, so the only way to watch the game is on Celtic TV. I don't mind Celtic's decision, but shouldn't this be UEFA's decision?

Regarding TV. Celtic has all rights for tonights CL qualifying game, and they decided not to sell any TV rights, so the only way to watch the game is on Celtic TV. I don't mind Celtic's decision, but shouldn't this be UEFA's decision?
Yeah cos I imagine everyone outside of Ireland and half of Glasgow couldn't wait to tune in.

Seriously though I think the way it's going clubs will be able to sell their own rights, the trouble is for people who watch any old footy on just as a pastime (not the heatmap morons who pretend they watch everything) I can see the prices rocketing for full access.

Yeah cos I imagine everyone outside of Ireland and half of Glasgow couldn't wait to tune in.

Seriously though I think the way it's going clubs will be able to sell their own rights, the trouble is for people who watch any old footy on just as a pastime (not the heatmap morons who pretend they watch everything) I can see the prices rocketing for full access.

Spot on.

They've also written the older generation off as not within their " target " audience too.

Most of the pubs by me have jibbed Sky altogether due to the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.