Proposed changes to the Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
This plan has no chance whatsoever but it's very probably a stalking horse, promote the discussion, see the main objections and then try with a far more realistic plan.

It's a standard negotiating tactic to come up with a plan A being something so unfair and so full of self interest you never expect it to get anywhere. So outlining nothing but an outlandish power grab for the elite but getting it out in the open and aired before coming up with something far less severe, which by comparison seems totally reasonable and not too bad, except it just isn't. They may then hope clubs see the ground they've given, plan A being totally and hopelessly unrealistic and be 'grateful that 'reasonable' plan B is so mild, when all the time plan B was all that the elite really wanted or thought achievable.

Plan B will follow quicky enough.

This plan has no chance whatsoever but it's very probably a stalking horse, promote the discussion, see the main objections and then try with a far more realistic plan.

It's a standard negotiating tactic to come up with a plan A being something so unfair and so full of self interest you never expect it to get anywhere. So outlining nothing but an outlandish power grab for the elite but getting it out in the open and aired before coming up with something far less severe, which by comparison seems totally reasonable and not too bad, except it just isn't. They may then hope clubs see the ground they've given, plan A being totally and hopelessly unrealistic and be 'grateful that 'reasonable' plan B is so mild, when all the time plan B was all that the elite really wanted or thought achievable.

Plan B will follow quicky enough.

Minor tweaks i reckon. Seems that a lot of the EFL clubs back it.

They are desperate for the money.

We will be one of the 9 clubs with a senior vote.

The deal will pay for half of the stadium build, Moshiri is a business man and will go for it.

How long will that last? I'd give it a year before 6 of them voted for changes to revenue distribution, and it wouldn't be favourable to us.

The last bit, nah, as a business man, he'll see right through their little 'cash back' scheme and know that it would lead to a lesser share of the spoils and the £250 million would soon be lost in that respect.

£250 million is not a huge amount at this level of the game anyway. As I've already pointed out in this thread, it doesn't even get you a team full of £25 million players and that's not even taking wages into account.

Last edited:
How long will that last? I'd give it a year before 6 of them voted for changes to revenue distribution, and it wouldn't be favourable to us.

The last bit, nah, as a business man, he'll see right through their little 'cash back' scheme and know that it would lead to a lesser share of the spoils and the £250 million would soon be lost in that respect.

£250 million is not a huge amount at this level of the game anyway. As I've already pointed out in this thread, it doesn't even get you a team full of £25 million players and that's not even taking wages into account.

Just wait and see, the club will back it.

See Steve Gibson the Boro chairman has come out with a pathetic response to this. Holding out his begging bowl like the pathetic Tory rat he is.

You could be right. I mean, I'm just a working class lad from Bootle, so what do I know really?

But then again, if it looks like a stupid idea to someone like me, then surely the club knows it's a bad idea.

Anyway, hope you're wrong, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Thankfully, the fa will veto it so it is dead in the water. I don't think we'll see even a watered down version, as the main things the rs and mancs want is less teams, less competitions and more power. These are the 3 things that the fa are against.

Amazing how quick the EFL owners would sell out for a bit of extra cash, though.

Thankfully, the fa will veto it so it is dead in the water. I don't think we'll see even a watered down version, as the main things the rs and mancs want is less teams, less competitions and more power. These are the 3 things that the fa are against.

Amazing how quick the EFL owners would sell out for a bit of extra cash, though.

The EFL clubs are desperate, within months quite a few will be bust. They are desperate.

This is a power grab by the elite clubs ( Which we will be a part of in the end )

The EFL clubs are desperate, within months quite a few will be bust. They are desperate.

This is a power grab by the elite clubs ( Which we will be a part of in the end )
But this wouldn't happen in a time frame that would save any of them. Seems weird to be in favour of it based on that. I suspect it is more to do with the 25% of TV money going to the club's. Immediately makes owning their clubs more lucrative.

Most of the efl clubs that have gone bust so far have been because the owners are dodgy and basically been money laundering.

Status
Not open for further replies.