Moyes or Martinez?

• Moyes

• Martinez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deco

Player Valuation: £40m
After the Swindon game I was impressed to see McAleny, Galloway and Browning all looking good enough to play some part in our season. It might have only been pre-season but I think anyone who watched it would agree that not one of those three looked out of place.

I could be wrong but I can't recall so many young players potentially coming through at once while Moyes was manager?

As a club we can't afford to spend as much as the likes of some of the London and Manchester clubs, and using youth like we are makes that difference in saving the millions each year which we need to afford marquee signings.

With more youngsters such as Kenny, Ledson, Henen and more not far off hopefully being fully introduced, we could have a brilliant squad in the coming years.

In Moyes' time, and Martinez's two and upcoming third season, who do you think believes implementing youth players is more important/successful?

Moyes is a myth when it comes to youth, they'd get 10 minutes stuck on the wing if lucky and unless they did something amazing you'd never see them again or kept in the reserves instead of getting loan experience .

At least with roberto there seems to be plans for the youth, several loans for experience, if given a chance usually in there proper position

Who was fully promoted by Moyes who was a regular starter? Struggling here...Hibbo, Ossie, Coleman...Victor I guess.
Rooney but he wouldve broke into most teams in world football under any manager.

And Victor spent most his time played as a winger which was a weird one

Moyes had a reputation of playing youth when he arrived at Everton. I think the whole Rooney saga scared him off playing youngsters ever again!!

Who was fully promoted by Moyes who was a regular starter? Struggling here...Hibbo, Ossie, Coleman...Victor I guess.

Osman, Hibbert, Rooney, Coleman, Anichebe, Vaughan, Rodwell and Gosling all became regualr members of the first team squad under Moyes.

Under Moyes if young players were able to earn his trust and lucky enough to get a chance in the squad due to injury/no one else available they'd make the breakthrough.

Under Martinez, he does seem a little bit more likely to give them a game even when he has other options but you can't compare his 2 seasons to Moyes 10 yet.

Hopefully he will give the younger players a chance to prove they are good enough when the time is right.

I think both managers are of the opinion that if you're good enough you play.

Too many people on here are obsessed with getting kids in the team regardless of their ability. You just have to look at the way people clamoured for Shane Duffy to play on the back of him not being utterly abysmal in a 2-0 defeat away at Spurs. Bog standard players like him shouldn't be getting into a good team like us.

Look at Villa, they've given plenty of youngsters a chance over the past few years, but that's because their team is poor and therefore there's more opportunities.

Too early to compare first team players but i prefer the way the youth are handled now with getting loans

Status
Not open for further replies.