Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question......has anyone from spurs actually said they want moyes? or is it just the bookies? ...... I am guessing the bookies must be basing their odds on some sort of information. or is it just a load of bollox?
The bookies base the odds on bets coming in.

Di Canio would be my choice, someone with a bit of bottle who plays attacking football, bit of a gamble but you get nowhere from playing it safe. Either him or Big Dunc

When Everton give Liverpool a good 4 or 5 nil tonking then I will take him seriously. Not since 1964 have Everton tonked Liverpool - 48 years ago. His record against the sh1te is abysmal.

So you don't take Howard Kendall seriously ?

So you don't take Howard Kendall seriously ?

Moyes is not Kendall. Different people. Even different names. Since 1894 the sh1te have done the double over Everton 14 time. This season the treble. Of those 14 doubles 4 have been under Moyes. Appalling record

Why are we assuming we have to pick from the ten or so current premier league managers who are available?

As opposed to bringing in someone like Solskjaer or Poyet who has been doing well in lesser leagues and would like to make the step up. It's what we did with Moyes.

I wasn't making that assumption, just picked a few names off the top of my head over who was actually available right now. Our preference for a new manager should be someone who can take us forward, and can work within the constraints that we all know about. It doesn't matter where they come from - but their initial goal has to be improving on the league and cup positions that Moyes will leave us with - if that happens this summer, then that means making a final, and finishing at least 6th next season. I think we all agree that Moyes took Everton forward when he took over from Smith (we were in reverse so it wasn't hard), but our next manager should be able to kick us on again. I'm not against young and upcoming managers at all - but we're not in the same place as we were when Moyes came in, so they're going to have to be pretty outstanding to kick us on a step without a period of consolidation/rebuilding first (up to a whole season IMO).

I hope it all gets sorted out and not drag out like his last contract negotiations, if he stays then stay and lets get cracking for the new season not having things hanging over us again and another slow start, I really dont enjoy summers, long gone are the days worrying if we will sign players like Tony Cottee to will we sign anybody to who will be our manager! I guess as allready been said lets just see what happens, could be all good yet, and if Moyes stays at least we havent got Arry lurking around the transfer market and outbidding us.

I wasn't making that assumption, just picked a few names off the top of my head over who was actually available right now. Our preference for a new manager should be someone who can take us forward, and can work within the constraints that we all know about. It doesn't matter where they come from - but their initial goal has to be improving on the league and cup positions that Moyes will leave us with - if that happens this summer, then that means making a final, and finishing at least 6th next season. I think we all agree that Moyes took Everton forward when he took over from Smith (we were in reverse so it wasn't hard), but our next manager should be able to kick us on again. I'm not against young and upcoming managers at all - but we're not in the same place as we were when Moyes came in, so they're going to have to be pretty outstanding to kick us on a step without a period of consolidation/rebuilding first (up to a whole season IMO).

We have a much better squad now then under Smith.

We needed Moyes to build a good squad on the cheap, which frankly he's done an outstanding job of doing. We'd only need the new manger to properly utilise that squad which is a different job and one Moyes wasn't doing the best with.

We needed Moyes to build a good squad on the cheap, which frankly he's done an outstanding job of doing. We'd only need the new manger to properly utilise that squad which is a different job and one Moyes wasn't doing the best with.

Agreed we do have a useful squad just needs to be used a bit differently

Agree on the squad mainly - but playing devil's advocate - we don't have Pienaar, and look dreadful without him most of the time, Baines and Fellaini are both now being touted as going - for all we know they may follow Moyes if he goes, or at the very least Moyes may be the main thing keeping them here. Of course the likes of Barkley and Rodwell could find their feet properly next season, so it's not all bad. Suppose my point is you can't assume the squad will look the same for the new manager...

Suppose Baines and Fellaini go though, that could mean a new man with £20-30m to spend... and as we know there are some undiscovered diamonds out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.