Potential Lukaku replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who believes Barkley is more than capable to fill the void left by Lukaku?

Strength, power, control, pace and single mindedness at running towards goal and loves to take shots.

Push him 20 yards further upfield and he won't need to make too much decision on the ball, suits him perfectly.

The issue is barkleys brain takes a while to start actually working
When you play him deeper he has a chance to start charging forward
Play him higher up and hell be pressed immediately and lose it

Denis Straqualersi was the top scorer in a South American league before coming to us.

Good in one league doesn't always translate to being good in another.
Imagine the Straq teaming up with The Count ....
tumblr_m2zo2n5pP21qhn83uo1_500.jpg

If Iheancho became surplus to requirements at City he would be worth a punt. Been better than Bony for me this season.

He's been outstanding for us, but tbf, the stadium cat could have performed better than Bony. There are reports that Nacho's agent is after big wages for him, so there is the potential for trouble on the horizon. He hasn't done enough to warrant what he is supposedly asking for.
Bony has been diabolical and most City fans want to see the back of him, me included. I don't however think his poor form is all down to him. He's been recovering from Malaria and been asked to play the same role as Aguero plays, and he just isn't that sort of player.
I think if he played in a team that used him correctly(something Pellegrini never did) he would get back to form he showed at Swansea.

THe MLS is where footballers go to die. Why not follow Sevilla's lead. Find good players off contract and coach 'em up. Despite the fact that Unai Emery is staying, it doesn't mean that Everton can't adopt a similar strategy. Sevilla played the heck out of Barca in the Cup Sunday, so their approach looks to be successful. Just find me someone with speed, trapping ability and a true desire to make three defenders look foolish all at the same time. I know.....that's Messi, Bucktooth and Neymar. I know. As Elvis sang...If I can dream.......

Status
Not open for further replies.