Potential attendances

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
People sometimes post on here and ask why we need a bigger ground. The sell out for Villa answered the question. A full house for a game with no price discounts, to watch a side that has struggled and been trophyless for 19 years, that is ignored by the all-powerful media, etc etc. Don't tell me that a successful Everton would not regularly fill an upgraded and expanded GP or a new, bigger ground.

My ticket for Villa was £22, that's a discount.

The near sell out for Hull was the big surprise, Villa at least have some pull.

With better facilities on offer for the normal match going fan and also for the corporate side of things, I reckon we could get between 45-50,000 at home games.

45000/50000 seems a good starter with potential to go bigger. However, corporate hospitality is a must as it brings in much revenue.

Ours are expensive at the moment because we have so few, if we had a lot more boxes we could reduce costs which would still increase corporate revenue hugely.

The size Man City moved too, would be idea for us.

I think we have very very similar crowds, and profiles. Well we did at that point!

Lads we sometimes get about 33,000.

We also share a pretty small city with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

We wouldn't fill 50,000.

Lads we sometimes get about 33,000.

We also share a pretty small city with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

We wouldn't fill 50,000.

Have we gotten that low this year? It's easy to get low attendances when you're playing defensive football and the top 4 have pulled away.

If we can keep competing for European places and playing the sexy foosball, then I don't see us having trouble filling 45000+.

Have we gotten that low this year? It's easy to get low attendances when you're playing defensive football and the top 4 have pulled away.

Newcastle at home 33,495 (granted, this one was on MNF).
Fulham at home 33,796 (Fulham brought about 110 people so that's a factor...and they're sh*te).

The only ones lower than that were the cup games, which is the norm for most teams. Other than that we've had 36 plus for every game, with surprise ones like Southampton, Hull, Tottenham and Villa all selling out, alongside the derby.

If somebody added up all the attendances from this year to last we'll be up a couple of thousand, i'd bet.

I'm struggling to get tickets for 2 people together, the f.a cup (no chance) so I thought ok will take my daughter to the night game at west ham. too many obstructed views.

The Crystal Palace game next week will be a pretty low attendance. More than just the obstructed seats left available. I wouldn't want a tin pot soul less concrete stadium that's got 10k empty seats every week. EG Sunderland, Man City pre Sheikh- It looks awful! Having said that without a stadium we will never be bought. It's all about potential I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.