Poll: Sam Allardyce - yes or no?

Should Big Sam be appointed as Everton's next permenant manager?

• Yes

Votes: 263 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 736 66.5%
  • Cheese on toast lid

Votes: 48 4.3%
  • Allardyce for the rest of the season with Rhino as No.2

Votes: 60 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the problem getting him in at this particular time, short term .It's beginning to become increasingly worrying. Get Unsworth alongside him as assistant so he can learn off him. I never, ever in a million years would I ever thought I'd want Sam Allardyce as manager of this great club but needs must. We've got to stay in this division for our future at all costs.

Rule of thumb: The moment big Sam looks like an attractive proposition for us, that's when you stop drinking and call it a night.
If he does become our next manager, that's when you start drinking again, heavily, and hope for the best!

This is a very difficult time for our club and I think people giving a blanket no to Allardyce perhaps don’t realise the potential trouble we’re in. The question itself is unfair; is it Allardyce or Moyes? Allardyce or Unsworth? Allardyce or Ancelotti? He’s nobody’s ideal choice, including mine, but people criticising blues who are rightfully concerned about the future of our club should ease up.

The fact is it’s the board and staff who should be criticised for allowing our club to reach a position where we’re all actually having the Allardyce conversation- a conversation recently held by Sunderland and Palace fans. That’s say all you need to know.

For shame 23% of voters think Allerdyce should manager this great club. He is a troglodyte mess who likes a bung or two.
Allardyce is a much more effective manager than Koeman; and in the situation we're in he is much better than Ancelotti, Tuchel or any other European manager.
Proud to be a 23 percenter.

Fact is he's very very good at what he does but he also represents a club being in a crisis. Would like to think we haven't quite reached that stage yet.

We're not a million miles away from crisis though.

Our next four league games are Watford, Palace, Soton and West Ham. If we're still in , or around, the relegation zone after those games, then I'll be calling it a crisis.

We're not a million miles away from crisis though.

Our next four league games are Watford, Palace, Soton and West Ham. If we're still in , or around, the relegation zone after those games, then I'll be calling it a crisis.
We are very much in a crisis. It's just that we have enough games left for someone to have decent chance of getting us out of it.

Well I voted for Sammy. I have never been a fan of this "from within" lark, over here where I am our GAA team won the national title back in '96 and always when a manager departs they roll out this BS about trying to get some former player appointed who was involved in that glory year (this sound familiar from Everton in '95?) and it always falls flat on its face and most times sent you back a few more years.

I never wanted Ron, nor do I want Unsy or dyche etc.... but I think it's gone too far now for us to get a BIG BIG name this time around, (and I also don't think that Unsy or SD could attract a striker of the calibre we require) I was excited a couple of years back when the likes of Simone was mentioned, but that was just ever going to be a pipe dream.

I would be happy with Sam for the next 20 months and see how it goes.

Allardyce is a much more effective manager than Koeman; and in the situation we're in he is much better than Ancelotti, Tuchel or any other European manager.
Proud to be a 23 percenter.

Allerdyce could get that 23% to 35%, easy. Just need to grease the wheels.

Can just imagine him in a tight admiral polo shirt with gold chains ruling the roost at FF.

In all honesty what would be the point in a short term appointment like him. We aren't going to be relegated. The next managerial appointment has to be the right one, it's absolutely pivotal to the medium term future of this club.

I've no idea who it should be but it most definitely should not be a myopic appointment such as Allerdyce.

And it won't be.

It really is a disgrace that we are even considering him but that is how bad things are.

I voted no BTW but needs must we simply can not go down.

So to sum up I'm dazed and confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.