6 + 2 Point Deductions

That would be Brennan Johnson they sold this Summer, the accounts they would be charged on will be for 2022, not 2023.

I assume.
Forest submitted their accounts ending June 30, 2023, last week with the crux of their argument is understood to centre around the sale of Brennan Johnson to Tottenham.

Johnson was sold for £47.5 million on deadline day – a record sale for the club – and Forest will insist that they would have received a far lower fee if they had accepted an offer earlier in the summer.

I see they are going for the Everton defence, a bold move cotton.

Maybe I am uber thick, but Forest have only been in the PL for 18 months. So how can they do the 3 year loss thing? Or have they changed that?

Maybe I am uber thick, but Forest have only been in the PL for 18 months. So how can they do the 3 year loss thing? Or have they changed that?
The story doesnt even make sense.

Clubs are permitted to make financial losses of £105 million over a three-year period, with Forest reporting an annual loss of £45.6 million in their last accounts.

In the previous year, ending June 2021, they recorded a loss of £34.4 million, reduced to a loss before tax of £15.5 million.

45 + 34 is 79, which last time I checked was below 105m.

Clubs are permitted to make financial losses of £105 million over a three-year period, with Forest reporting an annual loss of £45.6 million in their last accounts.

In the previous year, ending June 2021, they recorded a loss of £34.4 million, reduced to a loss before tax of £15.5 million.

I'm guessing you add the £47 million from Brennan Johnson's sale on to that?

Forest are considered to be sailing close to the wind because of their heavy spending while in the Championship and since winning promotion, and there are also concerns that Everton could face a second charge in consecutive seasons of breaching profit and sustainability rules (PSR).
Under a new system brought in by the Premier League for this season, charges for straightforward breaches will be fast-tracked and dealt with by early April, with any points deductions applied to this campaign. Everton were charged last season but had a ten-point penalty imposed in November, which they have appealed against.

The new rules meant all 20 clubs had to submit accounts for 2022-23 by December 31 and any charges will be announced by January 14. A club will have two weeks to respond to a charge and then a hearing by an independent commission must be concluded by April 8. Appeals will have to be completed by the end of the season.

Under the Premier League’s PSR, clubs can make a maximum loss of £105 million over a rolling three-year period, or £35 million a season. If a club has been in the EFL during those three years, the amount of losses allowed are even smaller. Forest would be limited to losses of £61 million: £13 million for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons when they were in Sky Bet Championship, plus £35 million for last season.

Forest made a loss of £45.6 million in 2021-22, when they were promoted, and £15.5 million the season before. In both years, the club spent double the amount on wages that they earned in turnover. Although promotion to the Premier League will have boosted Forest’s income by about £90 million, the club spent heavily on transfers after promotion and their wage bill will have rocketed too.

And it is 2 years.

I’d bet every single clubs accounts are not squeaky clean I suppose it’s who has the smartest people at the clubs to hide certain losses or manipulate profits

I think and im not entirely sure, but I think they just want us to follow the rules.
Ah yes, the 'rules', that they have just made up, all of a sudden, despite saying that Everton were compliant, and punishments which were completely made up, on the spot, out of thin air, that only apply to Everton and nobody else. Those 'rules'.

Thats why this Everton charge makes me angry and I blame the club rather than the Premier League, the charge was so easy to avoid, all we needed to do was be a bit cleverer and play the game.

Instead, we just thought "lets just do this and then try and blag our way out of it".

Clowns.