Pienaar to return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
766x575.jpg

An unbreakable bond

Aplogies for this being in the wrong thread but does anyone think we could revive a deal for pranjic in the summer? he seemed pretty gutted about not being able to join

I've read somewhere they want 5 million for him.

I imagine Moyes would only consider the deal for about 1 or 2 million (given the players age and his and spurs conduct in signing him seemingly to sell him on at a profit). It's doubtful whether he'd pay much more than 50 or 60k a week.

A deal looks considerably unlikely to me. And even if Pienaar does play well and merits signing there's no saying he won't do exactly what he did last time and use Everton as a springboard for his 'ambitions'.

I've read somewhere they want 5 million for him.

I imagine Moyes would only consider the deal for about 1 or 2 million (given the players age and his and spurs conduct in signing him seemingly to sell him on at a profit). It's doubtful whether he'd pay much more than 50 or 60k a week.

A deal looks considerably unlikely to me. And even if Pienaar does play well and merits signing there's no saying he won't do exactly what he did last time and use Everton as a springboard for his 'ambitions'.

If we'd have paid him the money he was worth in the first place he'd still be here anyway, if you want affective players you have to pay competitive wages otherwise end up with a team of Straqularsi's who give a 100% but have the ability of a blind donkey with a wooden leg

If we'd have paid him the money he was worth in the first place he'd still be here anyway, if you want affective players you have to pay competitive wages otherwise end up with a team of Straqularsi's who give a 100% but have the ability of a blind donkey with a wooden leg

He was never worth a long term contract of 70k a week. Not on our budget anyway. We do pay competitive wages, there was only Chelsea and Spurs willing to pay more. You can't let your competitors set the price of your wages.

The problem lies with the player and the extent of his avarice and this is one of the many things utterly fücked up about football. Pienaar is already richer than midas. Earning an extra 10k - 15k is neither here nor there.

When he left I said on these forums that Everton we're losing a good player but Spurs wasn't gaining one. Why did I know that it wouldn't work out at Spurs? It was obvious to the world and his dog that's why. When Pienaar went to Germany he didn't get on with his team mates didn't have a tightly knit family club to play for and was often overlooked for other players - his performances then dropped; unlike at Ajax where he was star of the show. He comes to Everton and finds a home again. A small squad he soon works his way into the starting 11. What does he do? throw that away for a few extra quid.

Fastforward a year after playing 3 games of football and he's back again and we are meant to say all is forgiven. Personally I think money mad footballers like him are a huge part of the problem in football. It's the main reason why we have to pay £30 plus for a ticket and still have to keep selling players to stay afloat.

Pienaar can doubtless work his way back into our hearts, but instead of citing all that crap about 'wanting a move for ambition', I'd prefer a little transparency about his real motives. All these 'ambitious' players when they hang up their boots on their 'short careers' with their 'got to think about my family' families, can think of the years they wasted on the bench and in the reserves for teams that never really wanted them or would play them just because they wanted a few extra quid.

Who knows we could've won something if he'd stayed. We'll never know.

I'm not sure I care that he left. I am a bit concerned that he's barely played at Spurs, and not sure he can make the same impact he did before when he was here.

Wait and see I guess.

He thought the grass was greener but clearly missed us very much. To WANT to return home, which it seems was the case, shows tremendous character.

I recall the Wigan game just before he left. The abuse he got from some sections of the Street End was pretty raw. Me? I wouldn't want to go back anywhere where I got that sort of stick. I would be too embarrassed.

Pienaar's return is quite a statement. Takes guts.

He thought the grass was greener but clearly missed us very much. To WANT to return home, which it seems was the case, shows tremendous character.

I recall the Wigan game just before he left. The abuse he got from some sections of the Street End was pretty raw. Me? I wouldn't want to go back anywhere where I got that sort of stick. I would be too embarrassed.

Pienaar's return is quite a statement. Takes guts.

that what i thought.

He was never worth a long term contract of 70k a week. Not on our budget anyway. We do pay competitive wages, there was only Chelsea and Spurs willing to pay more. You can't let your competitors set the price of your wages.

The problem lies with the player and the extent of his avarice and this is one of the many things utterly fücked up about football. Pienaar is already richer than midas. Earning an extra 10k - 15k is neither here nor there.

When he left I said on these forums that Everton we're losing a good player but Spurs wasn't gaining one. Why did I know that it wouldn't work out at Spurs? It was obvious to the world and his dog that's why. When Pienaar went to Germany he didn't get on with his team mates didn't have a tightly knit family club to play for and was often overlooked for other players - his performances then dropped; unlike at Ajax where he was star of the show. He comes to Everton and finds a home again. A small squad he soon works his way into the starting 11. What does he do? throw that away for a few extra quid.

Fastforward a year after playing 3 games of football and he's back again and we are meant to say all is forgiven. Personally I think money mad footballers like him are a huge part of the problem in football. It's the main reason why we have to pay £30 plus for a ticket and still have to keep selling players to stay afloat.

Pienaar can doubtless work his way back into our hearts, but instead of citing all that crap about 'wanting a move for ambition', I'd prefer a little transparency about his real motives. All these 'ambitious' players when they hang up their boots on their 'short careers' with their 'got to think about my family' families, can think of the years they wasted on the bench and in the reserves for teams that never really wanted them or would play them just because they wanted a few extra quid.

Who knows we could've won something if he'd stayed. We'll never know.

Well said.

Here's hoping we get the player back he was 12mo ago. And he's learned what's important in life.

People in all walks of life leave their job's for better money or prospects or just bad advice, many return to their previous employment after realising their mistake. It happens.
I hate to be the one to have to tell people this but not everyone in the world supports everton. For some people it's a job.

To be honest i really really really dislike the guy for honoring the contract he signed with us then deciding to do his job elsewhere in the hope it might reward him better both finacially and success wise.

Many times i laughed myself to sleep at night when his choice didn't work out as well for him as it might have.

Personally i think he should slapped 79 times with a wet fish for daring to leave Everton Football Club the evil evil man.

Status
Not open for further replies.