Pick a striker pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.
anichebe and yak would be my choice.i just think the strength of the 2 of them is a good weapon to have and they should be a right handful for any defence to come up against.

vaughan saha beckford .... all a bit samey and on the weak side imo.1 of these 3 has to go and a taller stronger player brought in to give us a bit more variation.

No offense, but are you blind?

"what 2 of the ones above would you pick?"

Sorry, I guess I was the first to throw out the lineup, sorry about that.
If I'm just picking a pair I'd like to see, it's Yak and Beckford right now, but am really hoping to see *anyone* and Gueye before the end of the season.

Sorry, I guess I was the first to throw out the lineup, sorry about that.
If I'm just picking a pair I'd like to see, it's Yak and Beckford right now, but am really hoping to see *anyone* and Gueye before the end of the season.

No mate, it's all good. I just don't like being spoken to like an idiot.

Bringing up formations is fine and dandy, I just wanted to emphasis to remain on forwards, and how they might go together. In fact I think I responded to your post quite positively -- your front lineup was mouth watering :p

beckford and big vic good mix of pace and power, could go really mad and put vic out wide with yak in the middle with beckford, not the everton way at the moment but would really be a handful for the likes of wba

beckford and big vic good mix of pace and power, could go really mad and put vic out wide with yak in the middle with beckford, not the everton way at the moment but would really be a handful for the likes of wba

I think you've raised a good point there, mate. Their defence is woeful, we need goals, we're at home...

Why not go for it on Saturday? I'm not sure if Vic will be back, but there's no reason we couldn't start the Yak and Beckford. There could be goals for everyone if we go for it -- I mean, if Stoke can get 3 against them away from home, then we can get a few at Goodison, surely?

It is indeed a good point. I know its totally different to Sunday morning football (sometimes I actually question that), but we always seem to play a 4-5-1 against the lesser teams, and almost invite them to play, rather than taking the game to them a la Chelsea v Sunderland. Just go for it, make the oppostion worry about us for once. I'd really like to see 2 up front this weekend, and Cahill right up there behind them. At least give it a fricking go for 3 points. Yak and either a fully fit Vic of Beckford this Saturday

I think you've raised a good point there, mate. Their defence is woeful, we need goals, we're at home...

Why not go for it on Saturday? I'm not sure if Vic will be back, but there's no reason we couldn't start the Yak and Beckford. There could be goals for everyone if we go for it -- I mean, if Stoke can get 3 against them away from home, then we can get a few at Goodison, surely?
looked done in after an hour in the ressies ,but looked ok before that. I hope we have a real go on sat am getting really pissed off and bored watching us with one up front agianst the likes of bolton, wolves ect and its not even working that well so why not change it.

Am I the only one who wants to bring Vaughn back ? Would love to see him paired with Yak.

He's been impressive at Palace, considering how bad they've been playing.

It's been a long time since he's got a proper run out for us, and it looks like he's improved, so I'd like to see him get a chance. I can't help but think we're going to sell him though.

Pair the Nigerians.. Has to be some natural chemistry there.. Although didn't big Vic pretty much grow up in the UK?

Either way I think Beckford is a prime example of Super Sub, just so long as moysey brings him in with enough time to break a sweat.

Sell Saha.. I think I've given up on him.. .. .. :oops: .. . . . Yep, I did..

Vaughn is not the answer.. Squad player at best.

Agreed, my mate but basically ANYONE but that lazy [Poor language removed] who has taken the wee out of us since February !!!

Do any of you sourced up folks know why the Yak -- after his best spell in 2 years -- was dropped for that useless lump Saha?

Was there anything to it, or does Moyes just have a crush on Louis?

Status
Not open for further replies.