Physio Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCConnecticut

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Just saw that Baines will miss the Spurs match as well.

In *other* big news, Rooney is out for a couple of months too. I watch it happen and had a suspicion that he was really injured and would miss some games. These foot fractures can be nasty business.

In rooney's case I think he got stepped on. In a sport where you sprint, cut and change speeds and direction a lot it is hard on the feet.

Sure, but I don't suppose anyone had heard of a metatarsal injury until recently and now it seems a regular injury to aflict players. There is a lot of talk about the lightweight boots not offering much protection, having not played for a few years it would be interesting to know what benefit the lighter boots bring against the drawback of less protection against injury.

Redknapp and gullit brough this up on sky sports yesterday. Its true, we're seeing much more foot injuries these days, it must have something to do with the lighter boots.

or possibly the speed of the game and the strength of players in todays game is the factor - consider the full weight of michael duberry moving at speed landing on your foot with the point of contact being his studs. what chance does anyone have? unless we bring in frankenstein shoes that might hinder ball control a bit its going to be down to players to watch out for themselves.

or possibly the speed of the game and the strength of players in todays game is the factor - consider the full weight of michael duberry moving at speed landing on your foot with the point of contact being his studs. what chance does anyone have? unless we bring in frankenstein shoes that might hinder ball control a bit its going to be down to players to watch out for themselves.

Has the game really sped up much in the last 5 years? But we've certainly seen a big step up in foot injuries in that time.

Has the game really sped up much in the last 5 years? But we've certainly seen a big step up in foot injuries in that time.

More and more players want thinner skin on the top of their shoes now to get a better feeling when they hit the ball.. the downside is that a stamp on top of the boot isn't cushioned as much now as a few years ago... thereby more foot injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.