Phil Neville article

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hole

Player Valuation: £50k
Hello all, I come in peace and not looking to cause trouble.

To the site owner(s) I hope the following request is okay?

I am the creator of a Manchester United website called Stretford End Arising.

Stretford End Arising runs a feature that follows the progress of former players. Is a keen writer interested in writing an original article on Phil Neville? I am aware that Neville is a sensitive subject at the moment, but I am hoping for a piece on his Everton career.

Oliver, a GOT forum member wrote a similar piece on Darron Gibson. Here is a link to the published article: stretfordendarising.com/2012/12/12/former-player-progress-report-everton-fan-discusses-darron-gibson

A link to grandoldteam.com will be included in the published article.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank you,
Andrew

If you're being objective he's done a great job as captain for Everton and always given his all for the shirt even when the quality has been lacking.

It's only over the last two years he's really deteriorated, before that he was a quite able right back and put in some good displays in midfield. His partnership with Arteta for a few months in 08/09 gave us a great balance.

Nothing more frustrating than reading people say he has gone downhill lately. He hasn't, he has always been this bad, he has never been able to play football, and I am yet to see anything were he has led by example on the pitch or motivated the team. He is a fraud and the worst captain in our history.

He was decent enough as recently as last season, and I can remember sticking up for him through saying so. He has completely soured my opinion of him with his recent comments; I hope he never plays for Everton again, and will be happy to see him leave.

I am aware that Neville is a sensitive subject at the moment, but I am hoping for a piece on his Everton career.
Not going to happen right now mate. Relatively speaking I'm probably one of the Neville's biggest supporters over the past few years and I'm not in the mood to say anything positive right now. Have you done Howard?

I'd leave it a few months if I were you mate.

I think most of us would be happy to never see him in Everton colours again at the moment, and not just for the defence splitting through-ball vs. Wigan.

128290hp2.jpg

phil-neville-celebrates-at-wembley-460-456577025.jpg

everton-phil-neville-cropped

I think most of us would agree he's been a true professional. Fully committed, stays in shape, looks after himself and puts the club first.

Some of my favourite Phil Neville memories are his winning pen against Chelsea, sliding on his knees against Newcastle, and of course THAT tackle against Ronaldo at Goodison.

Great captain. But not a very good footballer. Thanks for everything Phil, but it's time to hang your boots up this summer.

Phil+Neville+Everton+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+hZH_01m5fwQl.jpg

128290hp2.jpg

phil-neville-celebrates-at-wembley-460-456577025.jpg

everton-phil-neville-cropped

I think most of us would agree he's been a true professional. Fully committed, stays in shape, looks after himself and puts the club first.

Some of my favourite Phil Neville memories are his winning pen against Chelsea, sliding on his knees against Newcastle, and of course THAT tackle against Ronaldo at Goodison.

Great captain. But not a very good footballer. Thanks for everything Phil, but it's time to hang your boots up this summer.

Phil+Neville+Everton+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+hZH_01m5fwQl.jpg

There's no questioning he's a nice fellow. However it's all to cliche for me.

Can someone please explain how he is a great captain. Pretty pretty please. I thought a captain lead by example, dragged teams through games, took games by the scuff of the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.