Perverse incentives in Europa Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th is not possible without some serious spending, and don't let a strong finish to the season convince you otherwise, its typical Everton. We might have the indian sign over City when we play them but over the course of a season we aren't good enough to finish above them, we just aren't. We lack consistancy, character, depth and more importantly quality in the final third.

I could cope with city winning the FA cup if it meant them finishing 5th and us 6th, thus getting into Europe.

In reality though, they'll probably win it and either finish 4th, or finish 5th with Liverpool in 6th. I'd cry if City won a trophy, Liverpool got into Europe and we got nothing.

So I hope city lose the FA cup, because our run in is much harder than Liverpool's, and we're 2 points off them, so I can't see us getting 6th.

4th is not possible without some serious spending, and don't let a strong finish to the season convince you otherwise, its typical Everton. We might have the indian sign over City when we play them but over the course of a season we aren't good enough to finish above them, we just aren't. We lack consistancy, character, depth and more importantly quality in the final third.

So it's silly to think we can finish fourth, but it's a lack of ambition when i don't want us to qualify for a tournament we most likely wouldn't win ?

The money argument being put forward by some people is simply not true when it comes to Europa, unless you plan on winning the whole thing.

So it's silly to think we can finish fourth, but it's a lack of ambition when i don't want us to qualify for a tournament we most likely wouldn't win ?

The money argument being put forward by some people is simply not true when it comes to Europa, unless you plan on winning the whole thing.

So what do you recommend then? Don't bother with Europa in future? It's not like we need the money or the players gaining vital experience.:hay:

So what do you recommend then? Don't bother with Europa in future? It's not like we need the money or the players gaining vital experience.:hay:

Bit of a strawman there. I never said the players didn't need European experience, but that takes a back seat to how we perform domestically in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.