Our squad and their ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays just off the main striker, as a second striker.

Someone like Lampard is a attacking midfielder, he actually drops back and is contstantly involved in the game, dictating the way Chelsea play with short, intelligent passes.

We use Cahill as a battering ram basically, someone who wins headers, drops into midfield occasionly and links with the striker.

So answer me this ( no disrespect intended).

If he isn't as good as our other midfielders, and he isn't as good as our strikers, then why not play our best midfield, and play 2 strikers?

So answer me this ( no disrespect intended).

If he isn't as good as our other midfielders, and he isn't as good as our strikers, then why not play our best midfield, and play 2 strikers?

Because Moyes favours 4-4-1-1 formation, that's why.

He's the manager, that's how he wants us to line up. And obviously two of our first choice midfielders are out injured.

Because Moyes favours 4-4-1-1 formation, that's why.

He's the manager, that's how he wants us to line up. And obviously two of our first choice midfielders are out injured.

MOYESOUT.png

Our younger first team:

Hibbert(28)
Yobo(29)
Jags(27)
Baines(24)
Heitinga(25)
Fellaini(21)
Rodwell(18)
Gozza(19)
Osman(28)
Pienaar (27)
Arteta(27)
Bilyaletdinov(24)
Yakubu(26)

Our older players:

Howard - 30 years old
Cahill - 29 years old
Neville - 32 years old
Distin - 31 years old
Neil - 31 years old
Saha - 30 years old
Carlo Nash - 36 years old

Our kids / none 1st team:

Goal:

Iain Turner - (25)
John Ruddy (22)

Defense:

Shkodran Mustafi (17)
Seamus Coleman (20)
Shane Duffy(17)

Midfield:

James Wallace (17)
Anton Peterlin (22)

Strikers:

Cody Arnoux (21)
James Vaughan (21)
Kieron Aggard (19)
Jose Baxter (17)
Lukas Jutkiewicz (20)

What can we get from this?

For me, some of our most promising players are our youngest, and I think people forget just how young Fellaini and Rodwell are. Add to that the others in bold and we have a good core of young players in the first team.
Our other players in the first team ( first block ) are now in their prime.

Our oldest players, though playing well now, are in the majority reaching their sell by date, and after this season, we should consider cashing in while we have the chance. Players like Cahill , Howard, and Saha may bring big money if they have another good season ( waits for stampede).

Our youngest kids, need to start getting some first team experience, to either turn them into stars, or increase their resale value, and they need that experience NOW.

That's my opinion. What's yours? :)

Why have you put Yobo in with the young players (29) and Cahill with the old ones (29).

Our younger first team:

Our oldest players, though playing well now, are in the majority reaching their sell by date, and after this season, we should consider cashing in while we have the chance. Players like Cahill , Howard, and Saha may bring big money if they have another good season ( waits for stampede).
QUOTE]

stampede.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.