Osvaldo Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

icburns

pyar sauced
While on the topic of prospects from the MLS (GET IN, Landy, lid), I've come across a hint at a future move to England for Seattle Sounders midfielder Osvaldo Alonso. He trained with Everton (along with teammate Steve Zakuani) last winter, I think. Sky Sports have since confirmed (the rumor is probably true, but it's implications are trivial at most).

Allons-y.jpg

(for you Whovians out there)​

This is a rumor that I'm posting far ahead of time, for he's not quite up to the level he needs to be, That said, with the progress he's made in the past few years, I could see him stepping up right about when Neville steps down, and I'd like to see him in the place of Captain Pointy. Alonso has the spirit of the honey badger in him, which may see him booked a little more often than necessary, but the energy he brings to a side is impressive. I wouldn't expect too many goals from him, mind. He's got a beautiful tackle and controls the passing flow well, but his only threat is from cracking volleys at the top of the box.

honeyAlonso.jpg

(with a bit of the Christmas spirit)​

I may not be the most balanced source on the matter, but I've seen enough from Alonso to know that he owns the midfield for Sounders FC. This would be a very bittersweet transfer for me (as a Sounders supporter), but frankly, he's above the MLS and if he's to go somewhere, I'd like it to be Everton. It'll be interesting to see if we can afford him when the time comes.

Ultimately, I doubt anything will come of it for at least a year (but not as much as I doubt we'll have the money to make a move anyway), but it's an interesting thought...

A very impressive midfielder, I'd post him up there with the likes of Beckham, Donovan and Henry in terms of his level of quality compared to the rest of the MLS, glad to see we've had a proper look at him, always looks a very talented, dominant midfield player.

Status
Not open for further replies.