Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? He's already being paid by them, I don't think they can tear up the contract if they see Kai in some magazine wearing an Everton shirt.

If all he cared about was money he would do everything in his power to keep his employers 100% happy to keep paying him.

I certainly wouldn't be championing a competitor in my work place so my employers could hear it.

The man doesn't give a jot about playing for Everton, Man U or England.

He is the biggest mercenary in the history of English football who is only really concerned about wages. Not saying that this is a bad thing by the way, and it is his choice completely.

Anybody who seriously thinks he would take a drop from his ridiculously over paid salary to come here needs to keep taking the meds.

I agree unfortunately. I actually think he probably does have moments when he thinks about playing for Everton again only the realisation is that we just havn't got the clout or ambition to attract him. Even if he did want to come his team of advisors/sponsors would point blank refuse. Money rules everything in this horrible business. I find it absurd that Rooney is worth £250 Thousand pounds a week and that people would consider it good business to pay him more than half of that when we still need a new stadium and have a dangerously high wage bill already.

I would love him to come back, but for 75k a week, and that just isn't going to happen.

I agree unfortunately. I actually think he probably does have moments when he thinks about playing for Everton again only the realisation is that we just havn't got the clout or ambition to attract him. Even if he did want to come his team of advisors/sponsors would point blank refuse. Money rules everything in this horrible business. I find it absurd that Rooney is worth £250 Thousand pounds a week and that people would consider it good business to pay him more than half of that when we still need a new stadium and have a dangerously high wage bill already.

I would love him to come back, but for 75k a week, and that just isn't going to happen.

I wouldn't want him back..but everything else you say ,I agree with. Lets not forget that probably, despite the cosmetic frontage...Rooneys strings are still being pulled frantically by a certain Mr. Stretford.

The likelihood of this happening is one thing, assessing the value of paying a player like Rooney 150k a week is another.

He is well worth such fees IMO, because he isn't just a player, he is an absolute marketing machine and massive revenue generator.

How much money does anyone need? Eight years at Man Utd earning up to 250,00 quid a week is enough to indulge
yourself a bit, and do something just for the hell of it. Everton couldn't pay the fee, but if he did come back on about 70k
a week, he wouldn't need to be in the queue at the soup kitchen, would he?

I'm comfortably retired with a lot less than one weeks wages of his, FGS.

Surely 100kpw and image rights would more than satisfy his wage demands.

I am absolutely certain that, if the deal was able to be brokered, between us and Man Utd, Rooney would would jump at the chance the come here, on the deal mentioned above.

Surely 100kpw and image rights would more than satisfy his wage demands.

I am absolutely certain that, if the deal was able to be brokered, between us and Man Utd, Rooney would would jump at the chance the come here, on the deal mentioned above.

Absolutely certain that he would leave a club where he is on near 250k a week to sign for us on 100k a week.

Wouldn't even go as far as 100k if it was up to me, 75-80 tops.

How much money does anyone need? Eight years at Man Utd earning up to 250,00 quid a week is enough to indulge
yourself a bit, and do something just for the hell of it. Everton couldn't pay the fee, but if he did come back on about 70k
a week, he wouldn't need to be in the queue at the soup kitchen, would he?

I'm comfortably retired with a lot less than one weeks wages of his, FGS.

When you've got gold plated his & hers bogs, who knows the limits of their spending mate.

It's greed & is driven by agents & them developing some sort of 'need' for the cash, that is as much based on their peers earnings as it is on their desire to buy a new Sunseeker, or a Bugatti.

The talk of him coming here at the age of 27 with his last bumper contract ahead of him, is absolute nonsense & is naïve beyond belief imo.

I think all fans attach romantic notions to heroes or potential heroes.

Things like he'll be back one day
He'll stay if we go down and help us get back up
Playing for our clubs worth more than 20k pw off so and so etc

We all do and sometimes we even believe it.

The reality is, as pointed out, these people who are quite often normal working class lads like most of us who are being twisted and turned constantly by all kinds of people inside and outside of the game whose sole motivation is money.

In Rooney's case he could conceivably have Nike, Man Utd's Chairman, Coleens commercial manager, his agent, His other sponsors and family & friends all in his ear. Potentially all with their own agenda's.

The only one you might imagine telling him Everton are good for him are his family and that's not even certain.

What people often forget about Wayne, and his motivations, is that he is a complete [Poor language removed]. When you remember this, a lot of his behaviour then starts to make sense

I think all fans attach romantic notions to heroes or potential heroes.

Things like he'll be back one day
He'll stay if we go down and help us get back up
Playing for our clubs worth more than 20k pw off so and so etc

We all do and sometimes we even believe it.

The reality is, as pointed out, these people who are quite often normal working class lads like most of us who are being twisted and turned constantly by all kinds of people inside and outside of the game whose sole motivation is money.

In Rooney's case he could conceivably have Nike, Man Utd's Chairman, Coleens commercial manager, his agent, His other sponsors and family & friends all in his ear. Potentially all with their own agenda's.

The only one you might imagine telling him Everton are good for him are his family and that's not even certain.

He was ambitious at 17, he still got that ambitious streak in him. Rooney had come out and denied that he put a transfer request in (according to papers) where Fergie came out and said that he wants out and didn't want to play in fergie last home game. what I don't get is why Fergie came out and said this, he a crafty old man and there will be a plan to why he came out and said it, cant work it out thought. I get the impression that Rooney got a massive ego and will want to carry on earning massive wages. He will be thinking, I can join EFC when i'm around 31 and most of the fans will lap it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.