North east blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
...visit Newcastle myself on occasion and usually nip in the Beehive for a pint if I'm staying over. On Saturday there were a crew of North East lads in my local in West Derby Village so I had a chat and they explained they were in the city on a stag party. As they were from Durham I asked if they were Sunderland or Newcastle fans and two of them said they are RS fans so it is reassuring that some folk up there have a bit more sense.

I go regularly from Norton mate! A lad from work has a season ticket.

Luckily enough my mate works for network rail and sorts out decent priced return travel (free basically).

Other than that I drive down and it costs me around £50 petrol. Happy to meet up with you next season and share travel, that goes for anyone else around these parts.

I'm moving to near Stanley, in County Durham this weekend. Keeping my season ticket going.
Anyone interested in car sharing and splitting the fuel costs, PM me. I don't mind doing the driving either btw.

EDIT: My family and mates are all still round the NW though, so likely to be spending some whole weekends over here during match weekends, but sure could work something out for the times when driving there and back in a day.

Last edited:
Sounds like quite a few of us! The official north east supporters club go via Penrith and meet the Cumbria blues on their bus I think. I was thinking of driving but we might be as well getting a coach organised if there's a few of us? I was hoping to make most games next season work permitting

I'm moving to near Stanley, in County Durham this weekend. Keeping my season ticket going.
Anyone interested in car sharing and splitting the fuel costs, PM me. I don't mind doing the driving either btw.

EDIT: My family and mates are all still round the NW though, so likely to be spending some whole weekends over here during match weekends, but sure could work something out for the times when driving there and back in a day.

I'm planning on doing the same to be honest, will be doing a few weekends down there but most will be just there for the match and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.