No excuses - if.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bflefc

Player Valuation: £30m
So, if - and it's a big IF - we manage to snaffle N'Zonzi, Oviedo and possibly even Kennedy, it'd have been quite some summer of transfer activity.

We'd have got rid of a bit of dead wood, plus offloaded Rodwell for a decent wedge and brought in some good numbers:

Naismith
Pienaar (full-time)
Mirallas
N'Zonzi
Oviedo
Kennedy

We'd then have decent depth to our squad, and with a first 11 who are seemingly 'getting it', we'd really have no excuses. None of this "taking a knife to a gunfight" rhetoric.

True, everyone else will have strengthened and we'd obviously have to be realistic when up against the like of the top four.

But I really won't be too happy if we (i.e. Moyes or anyone else for that matter) starts bemoaning our lack of squad when/if results turn sour.

No excuses. I'm not saying we're now ready to storm to the title, but we've got a decent nucleus here. We should be able to offer up some decent football, and give all of us something to cheer about.

And - dare I say it - some hope.......

We'll have decent numbers for once, it's just the money some other clubs are spending is a tad demoralising. Not being downbeat, though, we've got some real quality players here.

Injuries to key players is the real unknown here to the "no excuses...". If lady luck shines down us then we should at least expect to go further than last season - that means get to a Cup final (and win - yes!!) and higher than 7th. Whatever happens please let him keep the shackles off the Team and use the new attacking options he has acquired to always have a go at playing the Everton school of science way and give all and everyone we meet a game they do not forget.

It's shaping up to be a very decent squad now.

We just have to hope that Jelavic stays fit though, as he could well be the 20+ striker a season we have been dreaming of for years.

We have some very technically good footballers now in the team, let's see if they can carry the early season form on.

What I was trying to get across, was that last season in particular we were a bit threadbare when it came to options. That still doesn't excuse some of his in-match decisions (subs etc, or lack of until too late!). But when we had injuries, suspensions etc we didn't have the same level of players backign up the main starters.

This time out, we'll have a decent standard waiting in the wings. As I said, the same goes for other clubs but we would be a whole lot strong this time. It mightn't mean we'll achieve more, but for me it means we can't roll out any lame excuses.

Sorry if this tempts fate. The fact that none of our major players (I liked Rodwell but agree that he was expendable) seem to be on the way out, coupled with who we have and haven't signed (SP/SN/KM/BO/Sn'Z? in - Owen/Adam not in!) has me on cloud nine. Best window in absolutely years if it's gone to plan by 2300hrs.

I know this hasn't added anything to the discussion but I'm like a child on xmas morning and wanted to get it off my chest!

Status
Not open for further replies.