Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is big Ron, I really hope he does bring Shane Long with him. Fine player, keep him fit and he could do a job for any top team bar City/Man U/Chelsea.
We are not above a player like Shane Long no matter how hard some of us like to think we are. Would be a very decent signing.
I think Shane long represents what koeman can bring to the to club.

A player designed to do a job rather than what we have just had which was expectation on one player only. Long is good at running about and bringing the team into the game, an option. Thst is something we haven't had for as long as i remember. Moyes didn't have options up front, and Martinez certainly didn't.

People wonder why we haven't had much success yet we have had one player to play a role for years. Most successful teams have options to play, and koeman will bring thst to us

Amazing how determined Zat is to stick to his warped logic of judging Koeman on mistakes he made 7 years ago instead of the 5 years of success that have led to the much better manager he is today. Not every manager can do a Pep and be successful from day one, it's a constant learning process and Koeman doing a [Poor language removed] job 8 years ago means nothing next to the fact that he's done a great job in the last five years.

I think Koeman coming to Everton needs to be viewed in this context.

Even though we met and interviewed a fair number of candidates including Emery and Jose, Koeman was Moshiri's number 1 choice even before Martinez had left the club.

I can go into the vaults and back through twitter if anyone is doubting that. Moshiri has got the man he wanted.

An opportunity to publicly thank you for more than a modicum of sobriety during the turmoil of the last few hectic days, Esk. Many thanks.

Although I bow to your superior knowledge in such matters, I can't help thinking that by making Koeman his primary target, Mr. Moshiri* was perhaps doing so at a price? Perhaps, even, a budget buy? I'm also concerned that the rumoured £100 K spend is a mere drop in the ocean for somebody with a new dawn planned for us?

Apologies for my 'negativity' but I am a little underwhelmed; certainly anticipated more.

*sorry, Chico.

My first choice was Emery. However, from the moment RM was sacked it was clear that Koeman was first choice(Esk has repeatedly pointed this out).
So, we have signed our prime target , which is a plus. I think that signing a manager from another Premiership club , and not a very big one in spite of what Southamton fans think, is not very inspiring and that is causing some apathy compared to the more exotic Emery. If Sevilla had lost to Liverpool in the recent final I wonder if I would be as enthusiastic about Emery...thankfully I don't have to find out.

But, and I readily admit this, there would have been obstacles faced by Emery which would have made his job more difficult. Language, new country, new league, new culture. Certainly not insurmountable, but difficult nonetheless.

Koeman should already have a decent knowledge of the Everton squad from playing against them.
It is likely that he will already have a knowledge of the youngsters coming through the academy as well. He already knows the Premiership even though it is possible that he may be revising the level of his transfer targets upwards if the stories about funds available are true.

de boer will end up at saints... guaranteed
I've thought that all along.

Seems to be an obvious choice, available to start immediately and same sort of record thst they will be looking for. As long as they don't employ emery then i'm happy with thst.
And I hope Sevilla don't win the Europa again haha

Status
Not open for further replies.