Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to GOT when this all turns out to be a ruse to get a pay rise out of Saints.

The single most bipolar fan base in the world on here in the last 2312 pages, and I include myself in that.

Some psychologists, or more likely psychiatrists will write papers on this thread one day.

Wigan were not a comparable club.

Valencia are comparable to us, certainly when he was there they had a brilliant team and were 3rd best in the league.

I dont think he can manage top players based upon his time there, benfica and souhampton.

How cant he manage players? players spat there dummy out wanting a move wanyama mane? why for money elsewhere and what happened he kept them managed them well both had really good seasons

1-- look at how ajax and psv did in the year following winning the title with the best side in holland.

2-- look at Valencia,Benfica and AZ.

3-- look at how he did at feyenoord and southampton -- probably his best two clubs....kept them stable.

4-- look at what happens when he manages top players with big egos.

5-- look at his tactical ability.....

Then compare and contrast with many other managers.

248 people wanted koeman
305 wanted FDB
800+ wanted emery

For a billionaire investor hes had a shocker here.

I guess the reasons why Moshiri would like to hire Koeman as the new manager are as follows:-

1. Koeman had managed Soton for two seasons so he is familiar with the PL and will not take much time to adopt.

2. Koeman is the best we can get in the PL for the time being. You may say Pellegrini but many will case doubt.

3. His results with Soton for the last two seasons were 7th and 6th, under a minus budget. More or less the same with Moyes had done with Everton in the past. A good way to steady the ship in the first season of revolution.

4. We expect lots of ins and outs. Under similar cimcumstances, Soton did not regress under Koeman. With a bigger budget, Koeman might get the most of his signings and get results despite the like of Lukaku is gone.

You'd rather have top class manager Frank de Boer, who has only ever managed one team, a team that already happened to be one of the top teams in the Dutch league? You're out of your mind.

Ajax were not even close to being favourites for the league when he took over. Hes also turned down prem sides before put of loyalty.....hes lasted longer there than koeman has at any club before he gets fired.

Hed have won 6 in a row but for the excellent cocu at psv.

I thought you were calling for his head anyway?

Genuinely surprised you didn't want Emery. Also not convinced on our other suggestion of FDB personally.

Each to their own though.

Yeh that's my thoughts too.

I can't understand why anyone would be unhappy with this appointment, or tbh view FDB as a 'top-class' manager. He's totally unproven at any level higher than the Dutch league.

What has happened on here since I went to bed last night? The whining has started I see:

AnnieTantrum.gif

Putting a noose around the guy's neck before we've even kicked a ball (before he's even been confirmed actually). Some of the rubbish about "world class" managers we could have had being spouted on here is priceless. Emery turned us down - deal with it. The others were either pipe dreams or not as "world class" as some make out.

He's our new manager (short of official announcement) - deal with it. Get to Goodison next season and get behind him, the guy deserves a chance to show what he can do. Either that or stay at home and watch the RS on Sky instead. Sake.

Keep fighting the good fight mate variety and opinions should be welcomed!

So much is on perception really. Can I put something to you? After AZ he had a reflective period. He was 50 so still quite young. He made some changes in his style.

In his last two jobs he has been impressive. At Feyenoord he blooded lots of young players and he has done ok at this at Southampton too.

Is his previous career so bad, with multiple titles wins that we have to throw out the good he has done later in his career?

I think he is a middle of the road appointment. It is far from sealed. I am still praying for emery. I'm cautiously optimistic about koeman though. He had managed big clubs.

Im actually amazed AZ hired him after Valencia.

Youre right about feyenoord. I class that as his best time with any club and most likely why southampton hired him.

If koeman was 10 years younger with an average playing career and we were hiring based on feyenoord and southampton hed be classed as average..

i think because he has a big name due to his playing career and people havent researched his managerial disasters they want him.

Happy with Koeman and as many have pointed out 95% would have been made up before talk of Emery surfaced, but I hate people saying "you hadn't heard of Emery/Monchi until a couple of weeks ago".

Maybe you hadn't you little troglodyte but there's football outside this country despite your assertions "it's da best league in de werld". The man won three European cups on the bounce, if you hadn't heard of him where have you been?

How cant he manage players? players spat there dummy out wanting a move wanyama mane? why for money elsewhere and what happened he kept them managed them well both had really good seasons

Where was wanyama going to? Hes not very highly rated by their fans....

Status
Not open for further replies.