Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
De Boer then.

Miles from being universally popular Esk mate.

In fact, thoroughly underwhelming after some of the names linked

Don't think its him, Esk has said if he was our preferred candidate we would have announced him already. I think we are chasing others, and he is second favourite personally, probably 3rd until Koeman fluttered his eyes and then said no you can't take my pants down.

Our fossorial friend is correct in that it now seems Koeman has only eyes on a bigger prize than us beyond next season.

However as I mentioned on Tuesday evening matters elsewhere have been developing and this emerging candidate would be almost universally popular. He is also consistent with the "if the preferred candidate was out of contract we would have announced it by now" theory discussed yesterday.
Almost universally popular - if it's Emery I don't think there's an almost. When I discuss it with my red mates I can detect a glimmer of fear in their eyes. They won't admit it but trust me it's there!

De Boer then.

Miles from being universally popular Esk mate.

In fact, thoroughly underwhelming after some of the names linked

....one of the 'clues' is that he's currently under contract. That means not De Boer, not Pelligrini and not Moyes. That means Koeman, Emery or any coach currently managing a club.

Esk hinted that the emerging candidate was still in employment. That rules out Moyes, FDB, Phil Neville. so we have

1. Emery
2. Mancini - Esk said its not him
3. Simeone - Oh pweeassee
4. Loew

My heart says Simeone but my head tells me it's Emery. However I wouldn't be too disappointed, he's still a wedge above anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.