New signings yet to make debut for Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

when i score we riot

Player Valuation: £35m
You know, just recently i've come to ask myself:
Exactly how are we using our resources?

We could all agree there is something lacking in the Everton side at the moment. Someone here wrote on another thread that there's "a big pienaar shaped hole in our midfield", quite a few are saying that we need a new striker. We could all agree. Now, let's make this a positive note, more like making apoint that we're not yet doomed, you know. Let me remind you we have signed someone fitting both positions:

Aziz+Behich+Magaye+Gueye+Melbourne+Heart+v+t42VfvwBxpkl.jpg

He plays with "Magaye" on his shirt (Not GUEYE BOY, then) and dislikes having his picture taken.

Maybe we should just focus on making the players in our team perform well? It's a more pregnant problem than messing around with bringing in cheap loan deals on random african internationals in the various leagues of central european football.

Everton-Magaye-Gueye_2478767.jpg
magaye-gueye-300-239012805.jpg

Our least photogenic young starlet has averaged 1 goal every 3 games.

When there's so little money, it's obviously about time we gave the kids a chance.
Where the hell is Joao Silva, second-tier top scorer? Eh?

efc__1281433679_Joao-Silva.jpg

Fun fact: This guy scored 14 goals last season.

How often haven't we heard Moyes talk about contracts and returns from injury as "it's almost like a new signing"? Well damn, these kids are both new signings who have yet to make their debuts. It's time to make progress, to add someone new and fresh to the side.
Wake up and smell the toffee!

efc__1295783120_Bily.jpg

Lest we forget our Russian Billy Ballerina: 400 minutes of game time so far. Arteta has 1600.

Transfer windows always spread this feeling of inadequacy among the fans, we're like cartoon women bitching about how we're dying to get some new diamond earrings while already wading in jewelery and wasteful decadence. And the protagonist we're bitching to, imagine Mickey Mouse like, (we're Minny, yeah?) can't even afford bling of the plastic toy store variety.

Mikkes_jul_680_672487i.jpg

"Oh baby! This'll be a perfect replacement for the Yak!"

All i'm saying is we've got the bodies to do a job, and that is winning football matches. We should get our heads down and try to do so, we are after all on four matches unbeaten. If we perform better that run could continue. Past Arsenal and Chelsea. We all know our Everton have it in them.

article-0-07CFBC06000005DC-507_468x286.jpg

Well, we don't have this anymore, but...

COYB, Vero, Siempre, etc.

(would still love to see us sign someone though, k thx!)

Well said.

Id love to see Gueye get a run. Bring some unpredictability to our game. If we dont give him a go, we,ll never know.

I'm not sure what the stats are, so my impressions could be wrong on this one. But I've a feeling that Moyes only bloods new faces when he has to, usually when he's forced through injury. He also seems to prefer to play players out of position, instead of giving the signings he's made a run in the team.

I am a Moyes fan, but i think that there are times when he makes a discovery almost by accident, as opposed to by design. Rodz as a midfielder comes to mind as an example.

I'd much rather see some of our signings who have gathered dust on the bench, or some of the youth team players who've moved up through the ranks, given a run instead of playing players who are not in form or who are out of position.

Nice work, I agree give the youngsters the chance.

But lets face it Moyes see's these players every day, so they are obviously not performing well in training etc for them not to be given the chance, which is kinda sad I always though gueye looked sharp every time he has played for us.

Nice work, I agree give the youngsters the chance.

But lets face it Moyes see's these players every day, so they are obviously not performing well in training etc for them not to be given the chance, which is kinda sad I always though gueye looked sharp every time he has played for us.

Which is kinda like a contradiction in terms. Moyes has had these guys scouted and watched enough times to be brought to the club sat down and given a talking too. So why, when with all the resources and coaching required to 'step up' at their disposal are they suddenly relegated to the wilderness of the Subs bench or in Silva's case, the stiffs of the reserves or the ultimate slap in the face..two minutes from the end as part of an obvious time wasting wind down tactic. A situation Billy has been humiliated in on many occasions.

Marvin (Gueye) played very well in the pre-season matches and it gave everyone that lift for the season ahead, so much so, Moyes even came out with that now ludicrous statement of having 'the best squad he's ever had' around him. A throw away statement that has come back to bite him on the arse time and time again. If the statement was indeed true, then the sales of Piennar and the loaning out of Yobo, Vaughan ( but now back due to a technicality) and the Yak wouldn't even register on our radars as we'd have plenty of back up chomping at the bit ready and eager to slot in! But we are now left with gaping holes all over the pitch, holes the size of the Grand Canyon, needing to be filled.

We have players out of position, players in position who should be on the bench and players on the bench who should be on the field and players in the squad who should be on the dole. We don't do things by halves at Everton do we ? We go all out to [Poor language removed] it up!!

Moyes does not like to use young players until they get some experience which they do not get because Moyes won't play them enough. Catch 22.

Its a lot about trust aswell, Moyes has trust in his current 'favourites' which rightly so some of the boys have earnt in past seasons. Coleman got what 60 minutes or so against spurs last season and grabbed the chance with both hands, that left moyes with no doubt about the player. A number of the other guys need to bide their time and be in the right place at the right time and when the chance comes, take it. a forgotten man, Baxter had a couple of goes last season and basically proved he wasnt ready to step up.

Billy is a confidence player and more often than not the game pattern for him is determined by his first touch, if its a badd'un then his head drops very quickly.

Also, if we ****ting it on the pitch, we dont want to be exposing the kids, it will ruin them. Break them in when you are playing well and they will learn a lot more.

Very doubtful wel see either Maggie or Silva before the end of the season. Hes had opportunities to give Silva game time against Huddersfield, Brentford, an s****horpe, but hasnt, and after Maggie done wel starting against Hudd, providing a nice cross for a Fellaini goal, he too has found little game time, even in these cup games against lower league opposition, if Moyes doesn test them in these games he sure as hell wont in a prem game and most certainly not while wer in a relegation battle.

To be still playing Leon on the wing is criminal.

I agree. A central midfield pairing of Fellaini and Rodwell, flanked by Coleman and Bily would be capable of supplementing our goal-shy attack. And Moyes should be utilising his squad. How long have Duffy and Baxter been around the first team? They got to play in our Europa League dead rubber a couple of years ago and haven't had a sniff since. One way or another we need to bring these lads through. Either he plays them in the cup competitions and cameos in the league or he sends them out on loan. They must be feeling stifled at the moment.

I agree with this. When he is forced to he makes changes, like with Baines, like with Coleman..... Fan Pressure came to the fore.

Would love to see Duffy and Gueye geta run out.

No, we dont use our resources well.

Bilya and Rodwell could defo have had more game time so far this season.

Mucha, Gueye and Duffy all could've had at least a game or 2 under their belt.

But when there's you're Hibbo's and Osman's about, they will always plug the holes.

Unless all the names mentioned are pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.