New Everton Stadium Discussion

Historic England talk about the Dock like it was the 1st of its kind and totally unique, so should be preserved...

Have they seen the plans for what we're doing for Goodison yet?

:Blink:
If only there was another dock in Liverpool that could be preserved and have a vistor centre or something. :oops: Oh well, I guess they need BM to show what an enclosed body of water looks like...if anyone was allowed in to see it.

Historic England talk about the Dock like it was the 1st of its kind and totally unique, so should be preserved...

Have they seen the plans for what we're doing for Goodison yet?

:Blink:
I totally get the urge to preserve and remember the past, as I have a keen intetest in history. But at the same time, where were historic England when people wanted to convert a millennia old river bank into the docks?

We are part of the planet and part of the present. While we should be custodians we also have the right to exist and make our mark.

Would this work next season as a song
Short and Sweet

To the tune of:
DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE

We're building OUR big Blue home
Down by OUR riverside
Down by OUR riverside
Down by OUR riverside

Down by OUR riverside
And watching the Kopites cry

Would this work next season as a song
Short and Sweet

To the tune of:
DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE

Down by OUR riverside
Down by OUR riverside
Down by OUR riverside

Down by OUR riverside
And watching the Kopites cry
get it going mate at the next home game,just ignore any funny looks!

I’m really going to miss Goodison and I love iconic photos of players like these at our home:

The new stadium looks perfect for our next move though. I just hope we end up with more seats than what’s currently planned.

I agree, something to make it stand out should be incorporated so you know it's BMD as soon as you see it, something like the semi-circles behind the goals used to do. That said, the only reason you associate the criss-cross with GP is that it is along with the stand at Rangers, it is just about the only one left which was designed by Leitch. Sunderland, Twickenham and Bradford Park Avenue had similar stands to the Bullens Road, for example. That design was his trade mark and hardly unique to GP.

I will see if I can dig some of the better ones out, they are often 'restricted' views (typical when it comes to us and stadiums) where you can't see the whole bit you can see enough to know something is different than what we can see in the people's project app interior shots.

For instance the virtual desktop stadium you can see the bowl looks different. This first picture shows the accessible seating go further into the North stand (meets with the middle of the '8'):

View attachment 119102

The South stand you can see again from the accessible seating the shape has changed, the wall is not as big and meets somewhere under the upper tier of the main stand instead of in-line. There looks to be more seats in the corners because of this:

View attachment 119105
Of course you may think well these can be the old ones and what is in the people's project are the actual ones, but we keep on seeing these bits in any of the new pictures, like the infamous 'busy' slide:

View attachment 119106

The overhead shot:

View attachment 119107

These are all the same but different from:

View attachment 119108
View attachment 119109
View attachment 119110

Which is a good thing as the new pics look better and also seem like there are more seats.
I see some wag put the derby score in the scoreboard

I agree, something to make it stand out should be incorporated so you know it's BMD as soon as you see it, something like the semi-circles behind the goals used to do. That said, the only reason you associate the criss-cross with GP is that it is along with the stand at Rangers, it is just about the only one left which was designed by Leitch. Sunderland, Twickenham and Bradford Park Avenue had similar stands to the Bullens Road, for example. That design was his trade mark and hardly unique to GP.
The river Mersey will help.

Are we entitled to any kind of funding from the government with regard to the stadium costs. When you consider up 15k jobs will be created with this project over the next 3 years, you’d like to think we’d be entitled to some financial support or even tax break on the project. Has anyone any knowledge of this is so?

If only there was another dock in Liverpool that could be preserved and have a vistor centre or something. :oops: Oh well, I guess they need BM to show what an enclosed body of water looks like...if anyone was allowed in to see it.
You have to remember it is a working dock. Those two rugs have been using it practically non stop.