New Everton Stadium Discussion

Kings Dock had a planned capacity of 55,000. That was during a time when we were one of the worst teams in the division.

Now, we’re supposedly an ambitious club and we have sold out every home game for two seasons on the run.

What has changed in 16 years to make us want to build a smaller stadium?

The problem for the current plans is that in 4-5 years time alot of clubs like Wolves, Leicester, Palace etc will be expanding their grounds so 52k isnt exactly pushing us forward.

We should have always gone for 55k with the potential for around 60k with safe standing. Those 3k extra seats whilst not massive still represent a club trying to compete with the top 6 whilst understanding that realistically we couldn't fill a 60k+ seater just yet week in week out.

We would fill more than Man City 100% in my opinion. People forget Manchester is largely Utd due to decades of dominance. Merseyside is very much more split from my experience.
Kings Dock had a planned capacity of 55,000. That was during a time when we were one of the worst teams in the division.

Now, we’re supposedly an ambitious club and we have sold out every home game for two seasons on the run.

What has changed in 16 years to make us want to build a smaller stadium?
I guess one answer is that this time they're going to actually do something rather than just spin.

Connor - The actual BMD walls are listed along with the visible dock wall along Regent Road. Hence the need to fill the dock with sand beforehand to help preserve these walls should the club decide to move again in another 100 years time.

As stated earlier by Bunner Jnr they would first have to build a cofferdam to allow canal access from the River Mersey into the adjacent Nelson Dock before they can drain BMD.

It seems to me, based on the leaked images, that the reason the capacity is lower than initially expected is the site restrictions. The ground extends from the Pooplant wall to the water at Nelson Dock, with access to the west stand being under the north and south stands.

I don't think there is a strong enough case for 60k for them to go back to the drawing board. For me, the best example for us to look at regarding capacity in Man City and the Etihad. They rarely fill 54k with the one of the best teams ever. I'm sure the powers that be take that into consideration.

I assume this was aimed at Everton? Because the prices at spurs are more than reasonable.. £4 for a pint of Amstel and £5 a pint for the stuff brewed at the stadium. Very good prices, specially for London.
These are not good prices!

Sure, those in London may have been brain washed into enjoying being fleeced at every turn, but accepting a price as good will only ever see it get bigger in the near future.

I'd have thought that sensible people walk away - no wonder pubs are closing all over the shop.

So ours can buy the Liver Building but can't raise the finance for Bramley Moor?

The Liver was bought by a company of which Moshiri was a partner and did not or will not cost anything like a new stadium. How do you know they cannot raise the finance? You have friends in high places?

My friend said Yank, but happen he lives over the water. Must make our owner look like a pauper!!!!!

Hes worth twice as much as Moshiri, but only a 5th as much as Usmanov.

But, despite him being worth 5bn, he still took a loan out to pay for their stadium. With him being 82 I would be surprised if he lives long enough for them to pay it off.

Hes worth twice as much as Moshiri, but only a 5th as much as Usmanov.

But, despite him being worth 5bn, he still took a loan out to pay for their stadium. With him being 82 I would be surprised if he lives long enough for them to pay it off.

Cheers Goat but I wonder who his heir is to take over Spurs?