New Everton Stadium Discussion

ha ha would be fantastic to watch there heads fall off

I think we need to be slightly wary of that Chinese Investment. If they become the richest club in the league it is not inconceivable that they buy up the surrounding area and have roads re-routed to enable them to redevelop the remainder of their stadium to the same spec as their main stand. As crazy as it sounds they could even effectively write-off the redevelopment and build a new super stadium. I guess we will always have a location advantage but I would be shocked to see them settle for what they have long term.

Still though this would be huge for our brand if we can pull it off. For me it is integral that we have a design that enables us to generate the best atmosphere in the league and therefore a competitive advantage over our rivals.

I think we need to be slightly wary of that Chinese Investment. If they become the richest club in the league it is not inconceivable that they buy up the surrounding area and have roads re-routed to enable them to redevelop the remainder of their stadium to the same spec as their main stand. As crazy as it sounds they could even effectively write-off the redevelopment and build a new super stadium. I guess we will always have a location advantage but I would be shocked to see them settle for what they have long term.

Still though this would be huge for our brand if we can pull it off. For me it is integral that we have a design that enables us to generate the best atmosphere in the league and therefore a competitive advantage over our rivals.

Let's just hope that the Chinese talk is just talk.

Its a bit further out than what a lot of people may think. My only concern location wise is if nothing else gets built between there and princes dock it could well look isolated and not part of the expanding city centre. Its a good walk from town too. A good 30-35 minutes and not the 10 minutes many seem to think.