New Everton Stadium Discussion

Screenshot_20240305_080535_X.jpg

Kopite fixing kopite problems. Nothing to see here.
Probably correct, but not having a rail line connected to the airport is a joke really. The whole Merseyside transport system is not fit for purpose, but then it hasn’t had the government money lavished on it like Manchester. LOR have been working on their tram system for at least 10 years that I know of. Another £21M over the next 12 months.

Missed opportunity if they don't have an Everton women's game or even a few games at the new ground quite early on. It's likely to sell out with demand to see the ground being so high.
Arsenal selling out 60k for womens games. I think other clubs will look at this and try to emulate. I had a conversation on X with a member of the FAB who said Everton couldn't do this and said Arsenal are Harrods and Everton are a corner shop

Arsenal selling out 60k for womens games. I think other clubs will look at this and try to emulate. I had a conversation on X with a member of the FAB who said Everton couldn't do this and said Arsenal are Harrods and Everton are a corner shop

I'm not sure if you could fill it regularly over a season yet but there would be significant interest initially and crowds would be big. It's a good opportunity to generate interest and in the long term they could potentially fill it.

The test events could be almost anything and people would still go. The women would easily sell the ground out for a couple of games.

Missed opportunity if they don't have an Everton women's game or even a few games at the new ground quite early on. It's likely to sell out with demand to see the ground being so high.
They could have a womens game kick off an hour after the mens game finishes - encourage people to stay and watch it and hang around the concourses

Edit: although watching 2 Everton defeats in 4 hours wouldn’t do much for peoples mental health

I'm not sure if you could fill it regularly over a season yet but there would be significant interest initially and crowds would be big. It's a good opportunity to generate interest and in the long term they could potentially fill it.

The test events could be almost anything and people would still go. The women would easily sell the ground out for a couple of games.
Things are changing in womens football. What Arsenal do today Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, City & United will follow. We have a huge selling point last season at Goodison & the new stadium. Do we have the will or someone with vision at the club, or a corner shop mentality. Hopefully BMDwillbrush awauold ways of thinking aside
'Football stadiums' = Anfield and Goodison (well, Anfield with the added bonus that Goodison is nearby).

Nothing to do with BMD.

Screenshot_20240304_095741_Chrome.jpg

Probably correct, but not having a rail line connected to the airport is a joke really. The whole Merseyside transport system is not fit for purpose, but then it hasn’t had the government money lavished on it like Manchester. LOR have been working on their tram system for at least 10 years that I know of. Another £21M over the next 12 months.

Merseyrail is a proper metro and a better system than metrolink in most respects. The coverage could be better for the Eastern suburbs, and maybe the loop lines will be reinstated one day.

Trams are ok if they mainly use old trainlines, but without dedicated/reserved routes they can be extremely limited. They crawl around Manchester City centre at just a few miles an hr.