New Everton Stadium Discussion

It is one possibility. If they threaten the club with rent rises then as long as we have Goodison standing we have a choice. We could even groundshare with them lot and that gives us some bargaining power.

That says it does depend on the contract to how well we are roped into said agreement but I'd hope there would be protective clauses in there from our end too.
This really shouldn’t need to be said.

IF we were to rent the ground, the property would only be purchased subject to a watertight long term lease with Everton.

Unless someone as stupid as Moshiri were to buy it, that is.

Having nothing better to do I just looked at after match train departures from Sandhills compared to Kirkdale. Sandhills is much better Southbound as it serves 3 lines . There are 11 departures per hour into the city (,compared to 6 from Kirkdale ) , so not much scope to increase frequency . The problem will be getting people safely into the station and it's only a narrow island platform on a viaduct so can't easily be enlarged. Going North there are 10 trains per hour ,4 each to Southport & Ormskirk and 2 to Kirkby . Of course Sundays is a reduced service unless Merseyrail decide to increase it on matchdays.

Having nothing better to do I just looked at after match train departures from Sandhills compared to Kirkdale. Sandhills is much better Southbound as it serves 3 lines . There are 11 departures per hour into the city (,compared to 6 from Kirkdale ) , so not much scope to increase frequency . The problem will be getting people safely into the station and it's only a narrow island platform on a viaduct so can't easily be enlarged. Going North there are 10 trains per hour ,4 each to Southport & Ormskirk and 2 to Kirkby . Of course Sundays is a reduced service unless Merseyrail decide to increase it on matchdays.
Seek help immediately 👍

Good luck

73bl.gif

vault me

Often pass it on the train to and from the match and enjoy seeing its progress, but yesterday never even bothered .
It has become a symbol of our crisis instead of our renewal.
Ironically it could be the cause of the clubs demise.

i said this from the start of it.

and i got laughed at

your team, squad should be priority

everton have done it - na just a new ground will do

it’s biting us on the ass ( not just this )

but it’s got a big part in this mess

This brochure shows some of the more ‘casual’ hospitality options on offer at the new stadium. Village Street will be the cheapest option starting at £1950 plus vat depending on what section your seat will be (e.g. back rows for £1950 going up to £3000+ nearer the front)

This brochure shows some of the more ‘casual’ hospitality options on offer at the new stadium. Village Street will be the cheapest option starting at £1950 plus vat depending on what section your seat will be (e.g. back rows for £1950 going up to £3000+ nearer the front)

Posh that.

Looks proper smart !

Everyone is allowed their own opinion Matty, we may move in and still be crap. The point is because no one bit the bullet years ago to either renovate Goodison (& the surrounding area) or move to a new stadium we've been left in a situation where all our rivals have built or are in the process of building bigger stadiums where they generate more money and i'm not even talking about Spurs here, clubs like Brighton FFS. Their stadium is smaller than ours but it's large enough to be comparable with the more expensive tickets and presumably better food and drink receipts. If they still were at the Withdean do you think they would be where they are now? They had to go through pain just like us to get there.

For years we've managed to stay ahead (largely by luck with Moyes) by trading on our name and recent (in comparison to Newcastle, City before they hit the jackpot, Sunderland and so on) success. We are now getting to the point it no longer counts - someone choosing Southampton over us for instance shows it's pretty much done.

My point is to do nothing will see us decline further, so we have to use or larger fanbase than most to generate the income to basically lift us out of the hole that isn't because we are building a stadium, that hole was showing through the Moyes era too. If we can get to the point where we can generate 30 or so million more in spendable revenue (just through matchday income) to put in the team than say Brentford, Palace, Fulham and a host of other mid table teams then we are not likely to be below them. 30 million would be the wages of quite a few decent players and that is what we need to get to regardless of the pain as standing still isn't remaining where we are, you end up going backwards as other clubs push on.

Everyone is allowed their own opinion Matty, we may move in and still be crap. The point is because no one bit the bullet years ago to either renovate Goodison (& the surrounding area) or move to a new stadium we've been left in a situation where all our rivals have built or are in the process of building bigger stadiums where they generate more money and i'm not even talking about Spurs here, clubs like Brighton FFS. Their stadium is smaller than ours but it's large enough to be comparable with the more expensive tickets and presumably better food and drink receipts. If they still were at the Withdean do you think they would be where they are now? They had to go through pain just like us to get there.

For years we've managed to stay ahead (largely by luck with Moyes) by trading on our name and recent (in comparison to Newcastle, City before they hit the jackpot, Sunderland and so on) success. We are now getting to the point it no longer counts - someone choosing Southampton over us for instance shows it's pretty much done.

My point is to do nothing will see us decline further, so we have to use or larger fanbase than most to generate the income to basically lift us out of the hole that isn't because we are building a stadium, that hole was showing through the Moyes era too. If we can get to the point where we can generate 30 or so million more in spendable revenue (just through matchday income) to put in the team than say Brentford, Palace, Fulham and a host of other mid table teams then we are not likely to be below them. 30 million would be the wages of quite a few decent players and that is what we need to get to regardless of the pain as standing still isn't remaining where we are, you end up going backwards as other clubs push on.

i agree with the ( goals of why mate )

we need more income and goodison is a wreck

but they way it’s costing us etc and the state of the team i can’t help but think if we go down in this again it won’t be filled and we will lose money

the way the club has been ran, and now these
dodgy new owners to be

its
getting far far worse mate.
it’s been coming to

sadly