New Everton Stadium Discussion

Yeah it's comical how our stadium gets described. There is a stadium in China where the building has been stopped (Guangzhou Evergrande) because the club were relegated. This is apparently 'half built' but in reality it is nowhere near that. The comments were all like this will be Everton's future blah blah, I felt like saying compared to that our stadium is already built but I would just be wasting my efforts bringing myself down to their level.

Hopefully get the roof finished soon enough and then people will see for themselves how it isn't a skeleton.
What a Stadium it would have been tho.

guangzhou_top.jpg

Yeah it's comical how our stadium gets described. There is a stadium in China where the building has been stopped (Guangzhou Evergrande) because the club were relegated. This is apparently 'half built' but in reality it is nowhere near that. The comments were all like this will be Everton's future blah blah, I felt like saying compared to that our stadium is already built but I would just be wasting my efforts bringing myself down to their level.

Hopefully get the roof finished soon enough and then people will see for themselves how it isn't a skeleton.

The Chinese stadium stopped due to the massive debts that Evergrande has (£220bn) and it’s not just that stadium but work stopped across thier portfolio including residential and commercial developments they were delivering.

Nothing to do with the club getting relegated Evergrande are in massive financial strife and the Chinese government won’t bail them out

I just find it weird, other clubs fans especially them across the park taken so much notice of what we do. I don’t care less what any club does besides ours. I get it when other clubs fans are genuinely just curious and give praise, especially on the stadium build. But making sarcastic comments, is just embarrassing yourself as a bitter fan.

I've heard there's one more coming out after Village St which will be for the east stand, I would think this will be the cheapest option.
Not that I know, just think the way it's been presented, that the price comes down for each package
I'd be amazed if there's nothing on the 1000-1250 range.

There not gonna be calling people trying to sell village street saying 'there's going to be cheaper options in 2 montns" are they?

View attachment 226915

That's an amazing image.
Phwoooooaaaar 😍💙

It's a shame in my opinion that they didn't opt for either a retractable roof or a complete canopy (similar to some NFL stadiums). You just have to look at the roof
skeleton envisage how a translucent roof could have been. Or alternatively a Wimbledon centre court style retractable roof. Who knows maybe in the future they can come up with something when we're actually in the stadium (when we have a feel for the weather etc) and have stable finances.

US Bank.jpg
SoFi.jpg
Wimbledon centre court.jpg
Wimbledon.jpg

I'd be amazed if there's nothing on the 1000-1250 range.

There not gonna be calling people trying to sell village street saying 'there's going to be cheaper options in 2 montns" are they?
There are a couple of options in the East Stand being sold but they cost more than the lower range options in Village Street.

The cheapest cash bar hospitality option currently costs more than £1600 a season at Goodison so it was always likely that any new hospitality packages were going to cost more than that.

I’m loving the black frames on the windows against the brick. Gives it a real industrial / warehouse feel. Looks boss.

Don't think those black framed windows are staying mate unless there's been a design change. I'm pretty sure the way the all black panelling looks on the West Stand is how it's going to look all the way around.

Hope I'm wrong like and rheuve made a design change as I think the framing of the windows on the North and South stands looks boss as well.