New Everton Stadium Discussion

The old version of BMD shows the roof height as 61.4m AOD with the revised current plan as 54.16m AOD.

Dont know what the Main Stand roof height is at GP.

It will be though...this shows the 60k version and the 53k one, the roof of which comfortably fits over the current main stand, including its roof.

View attachment 203868

It is, as @The binman chronicles has shown.

The stands will be taller than that, yes. And all but the North Stand's back rows will be higher than the Top Balcony's back rows.

I know this.

In my opinion it could just be a trick of the eye but when you look at any images or drone vids I just can't see how BMD
is higher than the Goodison Road stand Top Balcony. Anyone got a tape measure?

Yes, decisions have been made by some of the same people who run the club into the ground for decades, and similarly by those who have presided over the same frivolous on-pitch financial planning disaster that has nearly sunk us..... and who are currently being told to leave as abject failures.

So, while embracing a vision is all well and good, I'd rather do so whilst reserving judgement. We've still no idea how the financial plan adds up, nor have we secured funding.... on top of that, since the decision by the serial failures of a board, the cost has apparently increased by 50% and the fella who was going to be providing sponsorship to cover the balance of the costs (of the £500m version), is now sanctioned.

I don’t fit in the seats at goodison tho mate.

Yes, decisions have been made by some of the same people who run the club into the ground for decades, and similarly by those who have presided over the same frivolous on-pitch financial planning disaster that has nearly sunk us..... and who are currently being told to leave as abject failures.

So, while embracing a vision is all well and good, I'd rather do so whilst reserving judgement. We've still no idea how the financial plan adds up, nor have we secured funding.... on top of that, since the decision by the serial failures of a board, the cost has apparently increased by 50% and the fella who was going to be providing sponsorship to cover the balance of the costs (of the £500m version), is now sanctioned.

You still haven't come up with any reasoning how Goodison's redevelopment would be any better from a financial stand point. Take 300 million which is what conservatively it would cost to do any reasonable looking redevelopment from the £750m BM is costing us - in the first 8-10 years BM would have earned the best part or even more than 200 million extra before Goodison actually gets to a point it's capacity has the 12k (or whatever) extra seats to start generating similar but still less money from GA. See how the gap narrows? For large periods of time of any rebuild there will be less seats in the ground than what we have now.

Go to your bank manager and ask for a loan and tell them you have no extra income to pay for it! BM generates more straight from opening day, 13k more bums on seats, more food and drink, more premium tickets like the tunnel club and lodge seating, more commercial opptunities because of where it is, naming rights as the cherry on top and makes the club worth a lot more in general. We can finance it securely as it makes us 40-50 million a year on top of what we have now. That's what pays for the loan.

Say BM wasn't a thing and we had stayed and extended the PE and had 6k extra at all times during the build (which we wouldn't by the way) we would be roughly earning 6-7 million more a season for the first 6 to 8 years. Is that paying for the 200 million you've borrowed so far to start the transformation. Is it worth spending so much if you are getting so very little in return? I'll give you a clue, it isn't. Every financial deal comes at a risk BM is worth that calculated risk.

I know this.

In my opinion it could just be a trick of the eye but when you look at any images or drone vids I just can't see how BMD
is higher than the Goodison Road stand Top Balcony. Anyone got a tape measure?
I think it’s context.

The Main Stand towers over the houses and the other stands. It looks massive because of what’s around it, and how close you walk to it down Goodison Road.

There’s very little to calibrate the height of the new stadium: there are no houses, and it’s not possible to get as close to it as Goodison at ground level yet.

It is also a fairly universal height, so none of the stands seem to soar above the others.

Just looking at the bases of the new east and west stands shows how big the new ground really is. I also seem to remember images showing that each stand other than the centre portion of the north stand is taller than the top balcony, but I’m sure one of our construction experts will confirm or deny…..

edit…

View attachment 203857
thatnBMD image is wrong. it is showing a full sized pitch where we know one wont fit

I think we'll agree to disagree.

Kings dock, didn’t happen , Destination Kirkby, didn’t happen, BMD it’s there, it’s growing, it looks great and it will be done. Let’s just be happy…you can be grumpy…..

Are there more rows to add to the stands? Looks like there are about 15 to 20 rows missing as we get to pitch side.

Is it for access and they go in last?
They need the space internally while they're still building the roof, upper sections of the stands etc. Once all that is substaintially complete and they don't need as many cranes then they'll complete the lower half.