New Everton Stadium Discussion

See the screenshot from January, this is the east stand before the roof was started, i have drawn round the floodlights in red.
Even though they’ve been like this for decades, I still find it a bit mad how floodlights are so small that you don’t notice them unless you look for them.

They used to be these huge hulking things towering above football grounds… though admittedly before my time, I guess that image of towering floodlights is stuck in the collective consciousness to a degree.

The elements cant get to the fans through that section as it's completely blocked off by the concrete seating.

Yeah, I did know that. But, I was referring to the weather getting into the steelwork, concrete etc. The rain will sweep in and when it snows heavily it will stick. Seems needless.

I do wonder if something could be bought in that would mask the smell. Surely that exists somewhere.
In one of their updates they said that the stadium will have its own scent. I assume that they will be releasing some sort of scent to mask it. Unless they just acknowledged it will stink there

I have been there a couple of times in hot and cold weather and it hasn't been smelly. I suspect that they occasionally vent excess gases so it will stink a bit some days, but they probably have agreed not to do anything on match-days. I hope so anyway.

I'd guess I've been down about 12 times since the build started and I have never smelt anything. As you say, it must just be once in a while.