New Everton Stadium Discussion

Its a 20 year masterplan. It could well be that Princes Reach is the start of an influx of investment in that area, there has been an awful lot of Chinese investors around over the last few years. Certainly with Liverpool 2 being so close to completion, that opens Liverpool up to much closer trade links with China due to size of vessel it'll take. 95% of the worlds sea containers would be able to dock at Liverpool.

Anyway, I would love Everton to have a Stadium on Clarence docks, it would be my first choice, perhaps even over a GP refurb, but I think it is unlikely, like 98%-2% unlikely.

Look Jacko, you are obviously in the know so get it sorted.........and if the tunnel collapses then it's only a few wools getting wet.....bit like a sheep dip really.......

You have forgotten the furore around Kirkby then!

And imagine Everton in Maghull. Or Crosby. Or South Liverpool. lol

There is an even smaller part of Liverpool in which Everton having their stadium is acceptable, and it's a narrow wedge from the area around Goodison to the centre of town.
It'd been a while since I looked at this and, while sound, I agree Kirkby, Maghull, and Crosby are not on.

There is a great feeling towards having a stadium in the docks, whilst the desire is fervent among many of us in reality it is unlikely to happen. It would be superb if it came off and I cannot think of any other PL club that could match that location, it would be iconic. However reality beckons me and is it just a pipe dream?

Completely different site. One side has a railway (disused), another side housing and another side housing with one road through. Too many would be heading in the same direction ie the dual carriageway. Public transport is poor with a train station even further away.
I'm not brand new mate, but whatever. Lived in the Walton area a long time and I know which is easier to get away from and it's not the city centre. As I say the romantic vision is sound by me, but it's not easier travel wise

Everyone goes on about LCC but what is to stop Sefton Council working with the club? Is it out of the realms of possibility that Everton could move slightly further north?

Maybe 3 to 4 miles, as far as Bootle, Litherland, Netherton etc. Just thinking out loud really. If LCC are not forthcoming in working with Everton then would the club speak to Sefton MBC?

I'm not brand new mate, but whatever. Lived in the Walton area a long time and I know which is easier to get away from and it's not the city centre. As I say the romantic vision is sound by me, but it's not easier travel wise

Think we'll have to beg to differ on that one, Tommy. It's all a bit of fun, in any case. Whether or not our opinions will carry any weight , who knows?

On another note, wouldn't it be wonderful if we moved to a prime location and didn't have to demolish Goodison? Maybe preserve the Gwladys and the Bullens and demolish the other 2 stands and replace with community facilities including a sports hall/gym etc. Unlikely? Let's be honest the land in L4 probably isn't worth a fortune and the money raised by selling it would be a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of a new stadium. Imagine if we could keep a presence at L4 4EL and have the reserves, youth teams and women's teams playing there. Buy and refurb the Winslow whilst we're at it, too.

Did I miss the memo about definitely no chance of a Goodison staged rebuild?

No. And I think every possibility should be looked at. Moving to a new site nearer the city centre/docks is a personal preference, that's all. As you have your personal preference. I am not party to any inside information and cannot guess what the club will do. That said, if I was a gambling man, I wouldn't put much money on still playing homes games (at least first team ones) at GP in a few years time. Time will tell, of course.