New contract for Dyche this summer?

Should we give Dyche a new contract?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 120 54.1%

• Total voters
We've made too many mistakes with managers over the last 10 years. We don't need to be paying another one off.

Leave it until Xmas, and review it then.

He's not going to be offered a bigger job than he currently has, so there is no risk of him being taken.

Yes.

With absolutely nothing he has improved our situation.

We will not be challenging for Europe, and priority is avoiding relegation, and we were safe several games ago, (deductions aside).

Stick with him, IMHO.

Regardless of the style of play, he's performed miracles in very trying circumstances. If the club can somehow stabilise over the next couple of years, it would be interesting to see his 'style' hopefully develop. Chopping and changing managers on a regular basis has been a disaster for the club, let's have some stability for a while.

Yes. Along with all the other points, whilst it’s going to be slim pickings, any young player that actually is happy to come and play for him needs to know the manager is here for longer than 1 year (assuming such humans exist). It also gives off the vibe that the club doesn’t know where it’s going when the key staff have dwindling contracts. Its going to be tough, anything that can give stability and an impression of a plan is needed.

Often mentioned no one else would want him and he’ll never get a bigger job; in that case it should possible to offer an appropriate salary, but specify if you don’t meet expectations, you don’t just automatically get all the remainder of your contract paid off in full. Seems to be the norm everywhere, but someone needs to stop it. I think he will back himself anyway, particularly if as everyone says he has no other option.

Can’t argue with the points total we will finish on, but the football is so dour..

Regardless of any of that though, I don’t really like a manager going into a season when his contract is up at the end of it. (Dyche has a year left)

West Ham have definitely dropped off in the 2nd half of the season as the players know Moyes is off. Even across the park they have dropped their levels recently, and I’m not sure that happens if Klopp wasn’t leaving.

With that in mind, do we give a new contract to Dyche this summer? I can see a case either way tbh.

I don`t agree with you there mate.

Bed.

….he’s our greatest asset, I truly believe he’s vital to us maintaining our top flight status.

I understand he’s also working tirelessly on keeping the club together. As I’ve repeatedly said, we need to extend his current deal.
With the uncertainty around the club there's no guarantees he'd sign anyway.

He's a good manager who works with what's available to him.

Hopefully the picture becomes clear over the next 7 to 10 days and a bit of a plan starts to form.

I'd like him to accept a short extension, a bit of stability would go a long way.

Get him signing a new deal asafp.

He's done a really good job, not without fault, but under the circumstances he's surpassed anything most of us expected. If we want to show there is a little bit of stability about the club, then get him tied up for at least another year.

We're possibly going to struggle to attract players as it is, if potential signings know the manager will be off next May, it makes it more difficult.

Football is about wins, not how well you play in a match - (You dont always get both together). But there's been a number of times where we actually played well and should have been out of sight. I Still dont buy into the thinking by some that a new boss will auto get us higher up just because of who they are, and that they may have the team playing so called better football. I am honestly not bothered either way, but you cant really argue about it,if he did get a new contract, as he's more than earned it.