Neville Southall (video tribute)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icburns

pyar sauced
[video=youtube;ZnZbxzGPHlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnZbxzGPHlc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Found this linked on 'pies. The rest of the 'article' is here, but the video really says it all. What a beast of a man. No disrespect to Howard as he's been immense for Everton, but big Nev is different class.

I didn't think of this initially, but if the above video was put together by someone from the forum, well done to you. *hypothetical pos reps*

Last edited:
Best keeper in the world EVER, for me

There's a chance some will only know of this legend without seeing him play. An unbelievable keeper, give it a watch, treat your eyes

I didn't really understand how spoilt I was as a kid. Who knows if we will ever see someone who is the best in the world in his position in our jersey again?

I didn't really understand how spoilt I was as a kid. Who knows if we will ever see someone who is the best in the world in his position in our jersey again?

Every weekend I'm convinced Leighton Baines is, but he'll always be overlooked here for some unknown reason, I'm sure of it

Every weekend I'm convinced Leighton Baines is, but he'll always be overlooked here for some unknown reason, I'm sure of it

He's definitely a top quality player. I thought Ashley Cole was in the top 3 in the world for a few years but Baines has been playing better than him for a good while now. Evra and Lahm would be my contenders.

He's definitely a top quality player. I thought Ashley Cole was in the top 3 in the world for a few years but Baines has been playing better than him for a good while now. Evra and Lahm would be my contenders.

Yep, even Marcelo. I'll take the blue tinted glasses off for a post.

Those 3 or 4 are all playing regularly at World Cups, Cup Finals, Champions Leagues, Winning Titles, even Captaining their Countries

Baines is like the underdog which makes me heart him that little bit more. Second only to Alves in Europe was it, last season in assists for a defender? I bet he's up there in the number of goals scored too

Yep, even Marcelo. I'll take the blue tinted glasses off for a post.

Those 3 or 4 are all playing regularly at World Cups, Cup Finals, Champions Leagues, Winning Titles, even Captaining their Countries

Baines is like the underdog which makes me heart him that little bit more. Second only to Alves in Europe was it, last season in assists for a defender? I bet he's up there in the number of goals scored too

I think only Nani got more assists than him last season too. I don't know where I pulled that statistic from though so it might be pure anichebe.

He played the celeb Wales vs England game for John Hartson's cancer charity last thursday. Well worth cause and a few players showed a few flashes of their old game.

Baines is the best LB in the world, in terms of the individual. If we factor in achievements then obviously not, but er... Matt LeTissier anyone?

A player's quality is independent of their trophy haul.

Southall became my hero in the 95 fa cup final. Years past his best and he held off one of the best attacks in the world single handedly.

In terms of Everton players being the best in the world at their position. Obviously Dean and Lawton were and there'll be some on here who were lucky enough to remember watching Everton when Alan Ball was one of the best midfielders in the world and when Nev was the best keeper in the world but the only player that comes close to it, during my time watching the game, is Baines.

We're damned lucky to have him.

Nev was an icon. They were the days when we could hold on to world class talent. Let's hope those days come again. Soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.