Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment, Besic is ahead of Barry for me. Barry is acting absolutely clueless lately. I keep meaning to look for Barry's 'experience' that keeps getting Besic subbed off but I'm too busy groaning every time Barry makes a late tackle and misplaced pass. Besic is doing everything that Barry isn't doing at the moment, he's reading plays, getting good tackles in, pressing, and making smart passes for the most part.

At the moment, Besic is ahead of Barry for me. Barry is acting absolutely clueless lately. I keep meaning to look for Barry's 'experience' that keeps getting Besic subbed off but I'm too busy groaning every time Barry makes a late tackle and misplaced pass. Besic is doing everything that Barry isn't doing at the moment, he's reading plays, getting good tackles in, pressing, and making smart passes for the most part.

I like the lad but he's so over ratted on here!!

• Is 22
  • Last season was a CB in a league ranked lower than Azerbaijan
  • Is now playing DM in the premier league
To have not embarrassed himself would have made him a good prospect. To have been MoM a couple of times is absolutely outrageous. Lol at anyone getting on his back.

• Is 22
  • Last season was a CB in a league ranked lower than Azerbaijan
  • Is now playing DM in the premier league
To have not embarrassed himself would have made him a good prospect. To have been MoM a couple of times is absolutely outrageous. Lol at anyone getting on his back.

If we were those nice german fans we'd only get on his back to give him a nice dry hump, wouldn't we mate. It's a joke really.

I think he has certainly been over-rated by certain parties on here. Not to say he hasn't shown he will become a brilliant player for us as he adapts to the league, but for me he isn't one of our two best central midfielders yet.
He frustrates me with the simple 5 yard balls that he screws up, or when he overplays himself into trouble.
Lacks the passing range and ability to dictate tempo that Gibson and Barry have, and gives away silly yellows.
Bit of a headless chicken in the way that he is drawn out of position in order to chase down players and make a tackle.
Good with the potential to become a great player, but he has plenty of room to improve.

I think he has certainly been over-rated by certain parties on here. Not to say he hasn't shown he will become a brilliant player for us as he adapts to the league, but for me he isn't one of our two best central midfielders yet.
He frustrates me with the simple 5 yard balls that he screws up, or when he overplays himself into trouble.
Lacks the passing range and ability to dictate tempo that Gibson and Barry have, and gives away silly yellows.
Bit of a headless chicken in the way that he is drawn out of position in order to chase down players and make a tackle.
Good with the potential to become a great player, but he has plenty of room to improve.

Honestly tho, he does none of that, he constantly has the highest pass percentage in games, he hardly wastes a ball, he will prolly miss place 1 pass a game, his passing range is superb, his balls to the flanks are superb and he often threads balls into a tight area, he hasnt picked up anymore yellows than McCarthy or Barry or infact any ball winning midfielder in the League, hes not a headless chicken anymore than McCarthy is, they are both tenacious players who close down fast and hard, but whilst I say all that, hes nowhere near the finished player.

Im sure he would be the first to admit he has areas to improve on, I see his mistakes and he does make them, hes only human, but whilst some people like to focus on the 1 mistake he makes a game, they miss the little glimpses into the talent he has.

I love the lad, in the Young Boys game I sat at the Park End and he spent about 10minutes warming up on the touchline before he came on, I watched him for the full 10 minutes, for me he has everything I look for in a player, high energy, not afraid to stick a boot in and he never hides, the fact that he is amazing on the ball is a bonus. I do go on about the lad a lot, but thats cos I can see what an amazing player he can become, for me hes already superb and is only going to get better, thats what excites me the most, imagine him in 12months after hes had a run in the side, hes simply going to take the piss.

Honestly tho, he does none of that, he constantly has the highest pass percentage in games, he hardly wastes a ball, he will prolly miss place 1 pass a game, his passing range is superb, his balls to the flanks are superb and he often threads balls into a tight area, he hasnt picked up anymore yellows than McCarthy or Barry or infact any ball winning midfielder in the League, hes not a headless chicken anymore than McCarthy is, they are both tenacious players who close down fast and hard, but whilst I say all that, hes nowhere near the finished player.

Im sure he would be the first to admit he has areas to improve on, I see his mistakes and he does make them, hes only human, but whilst some people like to focus on the 1 mistake he makes a game, they miss the little glimpses into the talent he has.

I love the lad, in the Young Boys game I sat at the Park End and he spent about 10minutes warming up on the touchline before he came on, I watched him for the full 10 minutes, for me he has everything I look for in a player, high energy, not afraid to stick a boot in and he never hides, the fact that he is amazing on the ball is a bonus. I do go on about the lad a lot, but thats cos I can see what an amazing player he can become, for me hes already superb and is only going to get better, thats what excites me the most, imagine him in 12months after hes had a run in the side, hes simply going to take the piss.
I agree with you he has great potential.
Coming into a side that on the whole have been poor has probably not helped him but he has been very good.
He is told to sit and not go forward much and I don't think some fans understand this

I agree with you he has great potential.
Coming into a side that on the whole have been poor has probably not helped him but he has been very good.
He is told to sit and not go forward much and I don't think some fans understand this

Indeed our tactics dictate that the full backs drive forward and the 2 HOLDING midfielders, HOLD.

Indeed our tactics dictate that the full backs drive forward and the 2 HOLDING midfielders, HOLD.
Full backs drive forward? Last season and the one before maybe, but not now. This season, they race up to a point 5 yards beyond the halfway line, stop dead, look up, scratch their heads for a bit, then play the ball backwards. At best, Coleman might cut in, before being closed downl. Even without the ball, he avoids space on the wing as if it is occupied by lions and tigers etc. There was one point in the Arsenal game, when he had an acre in front of him. He did not run into it, nor did the player with the ball play the ball into it, for Coleman to run onto. What the hell is Martinez doing to them?

Full backs drive forward? Last season and the one before maybe, but not now. This season, they race up to a point 5 yards beyond the halfway line, stop dead, look up, scratch their heads for a bit, then play the ball backwards. At best, Coleman might cut in, before being closed downl. Even without the ball, he avoids space on the wing as if it is occupied by lions and tigers etc. There was one point in the Arsenal game, when he had an acre in front of him. He did not run into it, nor did the player with the ball play the ball into it, for Coleman to run onto. What the hell is Martinez doing to them?

No arguments from me on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.